ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Hans Mansson 1620  (läst 832 gånger)

2000-01-23, 04:21
läst 832 gånger

robin

I have traced my swedish roots back to the first emmigrant to the colonies abt 1641, Hans Mansson. I have been told that their is a book written about Hans called the Hanaskede Ryttar, written in swedish.  I have been told that Hans was a capt. stationed at Hanaskede.  He destroyed some fruit trees at a monastary in Westgotherland and was sentenced to hang or go to the new world.  He came on the ship,Freedenburg, under the command of Capt. Joost van Bogaert.  I would like to find out more about Hans family.  His father is listed on a website as Mans Persson, 1610 peningby,Lanna Parish, Uppland Sweden. Mans died in battle in Sonnenburg 1637.  I don't know who Hans mother is or Mans's family.  If someone has the book perhaps the family tree is in their.
   Can you explain the parish thing? and what is Peningby?  On the other side(Hans Wife)eveyone has the same last name, Stille.  It doesn't follow the naming pattern.  This side of the tree goes back to 1546, but there are no parishs listed, only Stockholm, Sweden.  Why?
Thanks
Robin

2000-01-23, 21:10
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
I would suggest that you get hold of The 1693 Census of the Swedes on the Delaware by Peter Stebbins Craig. Published in 1993 by SAG Publications of Winter Park, Florida. This explains in great detail the families of New Sweden and their background. In the quarterly journal Swedish American Genealogist there is also a series on all the early Swedes, by the same author, but updated with newfound information. This journal is published by The Swenson Swedish Immigration Research Center in Rock Island, Illinois.

2000-01-24, 19:53
Svar #2

Utloggad Andreas Karlsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 575
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-08, 14:10
    • Visa profil
1. Parish, or socken in Swedish (usually abbrviated sn), was the smallest administrative part in the countryside in Sweden. It was composed of the villages or houses that had a common church building. Länna socken is located outside Uppsala, about 70 kilometres north of Stockholm.

2. Penningby is a village in Länna socken. Iy means, literally, Money Village.

3. There was to kinds of surnames in Sweden, family names that was the same from generation to generation, and -son names that changed from generation to generation. And many had two surnames, both a -son name and a family name. Apparently Hans family used only the -son name type, and his wifes family only the family name type.

4. Stockholm had no parishes, since it didn't belong to the countryside. The other part of the Swedish administrative system was the towns, and Stockholm, being the capital, was of course a town.

Sincerly,
Andreas

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna