ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Stenbäck, Karl E.  (läst 559 gånger)

2000-10-10, 17:47
läst 559 gånger

karen

I am looking for descendants of the Rev. Karl E.  
Stenbäck, born Nov. 30, 1834 in Utsjoki.

2000-10-10, 21:40
Svar #1

Utloggad Sam Blixt

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6336
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-04-23, 20:37
    • Visa profil
    • samblixt.se
Hi Karen,

The place shall probably be Uttujoki, in Pajala,
Norrbottens län.

MVH/Sam Blixt

2000-10-12, 19:44
Svar #2

Eva Leksell

Maybe Karl Stenbäck was not born in Sweden but in Finland? If you search the Internet you will find a municipality called Utsjoki in the most northern part of Finland (in the region Lappland). I am afraid the sites are only in Swedish or Finnish. Utsjoki and the municipalities nearby seems to be inhabited by many S?mi people.

Stenbäck is (or was) a family name in Finland as well as in Sweden.

2000-10-15, 04:55
Svar #3

Chris Troy

Try Searching the database of the 1890 census on:

http://www.foark.umu.se/census/bd/index.htm

I tried to get in but the server was too busy.  Just type in the surname and click search for a list of all of the Stenbäcks living in Norrbotten on 31 Dec 1890.  They will be grouped by parish. If there are too many (over 500 or so) you will need to search parish by parish.

Good luck, Chris

2000-10-16, 16:51
Svar #4

Eva Leksell

Karl E Stenbäck was born 1834 in Utsjoki, Finland, got married 1861 in Messukylä in Finland (to Selma Josefina Grönholm) and got a son (Yrjö Ilmari)1884 in Turku (Åbo in Swedish) in Finland (1884).  

That is if the facts at the LDS web site (IGI) are correct. http://www.familysearch.org/ The question is if he ever lived in Sweden or had any connection to Sweden at all.

Extracts from IGI:

Carl Fredric STENBACK  
Spouse: Emilia Ottilia Christina VON ESSEN  
Marriage: 16 Jan 1834 Voyri, Vaasa, Finland  
-----
Karl Emil STENBACK  
Birth: 30 Nov 1834 Utsjoki, Lappi, Finland  
Father: Carl Fredric STENBACK  
Mother: Emilia Ottilia Christina VON ESSEN
--------
Karl Emil STENBACK
Spouse: Selma Josefina GRONBERG  
Marriage: 11 Aug 1861 Messukyla, Hame, Finland
---
Yrjo Ilmari STENBACK  
Sex: M  
Birth: 17 Oct 1884 Ulvila, Turku Pori, Finland  
Father:  K. E. STENBACK  
Mother: Josefina GRONBERG
-------

His father would have been the vicar in Utsjoki, Åbo ärkestift, Kemi prosteri, mentioned in Finland's statskalender 1840: (Kyrkoherdar i Åbo ärkestift) Utsjoki Pastorat: Hr Fredric Stenbäck.  
http://www.pp.clinet.fi/~pkr01/stats/stats28b.html

All this is perhaps already known to you. In that case I have waisted my time. You did not give very much information and it makes it difficult for people to help you.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna