ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: The ADLÖF Family  (läst 1276 gånger)

2000-05-08, 10:18
läst 1276 gånger

The ADLÖF Family

I live in Poland and I'm looking for my ancestors from Sweden with the last name ADLOF, ADLÖF or VON ADLÖF especially from Stockholm parish. I know about CECILIA EMERENTIA LEONTINA ADLÖF (she was born 1839-01-08 in Stockholm and she died 1912-05-31in Stockholm). She married KARL DAVID AF WIRSÉN (he was born 1842-12-09 at Bällsta in Vallentuna parish and he died 1912-06-15 in Stockholm). They had one son CARL EINAR THURE (born in 1875 in Uppsala and died in 1946 in Stockholm). I know either about OLOF ADLOF, who married HEDVIG ELISABETH CHARLOTTA LUNDQVIST 1832-12-28 Kulla, Uppsala. I'm looking for all people who know something about the ADLOF, ADLÖF or VON ADLÖF family.

2000-05-09, 10:31
Svar #1

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11052
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 23:58
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
In the book Svenska adelns ättartavlor (Pedigrees of Swedish nobility) one can read:
Cecilia Emerentia Leontina Adlöf, born 1839 8/1 in Stockholm, daughter of the merchant L. Adlöf and Gustava Kanter.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2000-05-10, 08:58
Svar #2

Tomasz Adlof

Hello Olle!
Thank you very much for that information. I don't know Swedish language, so I can't read Swedish Internet (exactly databases). Our family here in Poland has roots in Sweden. I search for all information about Adlöf family in Sweden, but I don't know when exactly some Adlöf from Sweden moved to Poland. My great-grandfather's brother Wlodzimerz Adlöf before the Second World War found our roots in Sweden and contacted with them. It was in 1939 and the War disturbed them in this meeting. So I know that the Adlöf family was living in Sweden before the War. But I don't know if somebody with surname Adlöf lives now in Sweden. I want to find out everything about Cecilia Adlöf. About her ancestors, parents and about her brothers or sisters. I already know about her husband and about her son.
If somebody know something more about the Adlöf family in Sweden please give me a sign.

2000-05-10, 22:31
Svar #3

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11052
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-26, 23:58
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
Hello Tomasz Adlof,
According to the Telephone-book of Sweden (1998) there was nobody living in Sweden with the name Adlöf.
Above you mention Carl Einar Thure af Wirsén (dead 1946). According to the Sveriges Adels calendar (1954) (Calendar of Swedish nobility) this man was married 1:st to Jeanne Marie Käthie Ingeldi (dead 1920) and 2:nd to Ebba Elsa Cecilia Hildebrand born 1903.
Daughter of the first marriage was Käthie Carola Cecilia born 1912, married in 1952 to Sven Oscar Olof Landelius, born 1908.
Daughters of the 2:nd marriage were: Ulla Elisabeth born 1922 and Diane Augusta born 1935.  
The noble family af Wirsén ended on the sword-side 1946.
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2000-05-10, 23:15
Svar #4

Jonas Kuschner

Tomasz!

You need to provide us with more details: Exactly WHO emigrated from Sweden to Poland (name, occupation, date of birth) and WHEN did this happen? This would make it easier finding your ancestor in Swedish records.

You don't make it clear above whence you have got the names you mention above. Are they your known relatives or are you just guessing that they belong to your family from information you have found elsewhere?

2000-05-12, 11:21
Svar #5

Tomasz Adlof

Hello Olle, Hello Jonas,
Thanks for all information.
The oldest member of my family Anna Adlof (daughter of my great-grandfather's brother) told me that we have roots in Sweden. I don't know when exactly they moved to Poland. Maybe it was about XVI century when Polish king - Siegmunt III Vasa was from Swedish dynasty, maybe later. The King gave his friends from Swedish nobility families grounds in Poland. My aunte Anna Adlof told me that our ancestors in Sweden were from nobility family. They was living near Stockholm (probably in castle on an island near Stockholm) and their last name was written ADLÖF or VON ADLÖF. So when I found information about CECILIA ADLÖF, I have started searching for her relatives and ancestors. Everything is correct. She is from nobility family and she was born in Stockholm. So I think some of her ancestors were our ancestors as well. The oldest ADLÖF in Poland who I know about (and I have birth certificate of his son (my great-greatgrandfather)) FRANCISCUS ADLÖF, was born in Lvov (Poland) about 1815.

2000-05-12, 20:32
Svar #6

olle

Hello Tomasz Adlof,
Cecilia Emerentia Leontina Adlöf born 1839 8/1 in Stockholm, mentioned above, was most probably not herself from a noble family. Neither was her father or mother also mentioned above. Her husband Carl David af Wirsén came from a family that was nobilized as late as 1812.  
I continue hoping someone who knows the church records of Stockholm would help you finding more about L. Adlöf and his family.
Are you sure the name of your great-greatgrandfather was Franciscus Adlöf and not Adlof?

2000-05-15, 08:29
Svar #7

Tomasz

Hello Olle,
Thanks for new information. Someone from The ADLÖF Family in Sweden moved to Poland probably about XVI or XVII century. My great-grandfather's brother found our ancestors in Sweden before the War. He proved our Swedish roots. On his business card is surname ADLÖF. He was living 19.04.1890 - 06.09.1941. He started to use ADLÖF surname (not ADLOF) when he had proved Swedish roots!. So, you are right my great-greatgreatgrandfather's name was FRANCISCUS ADLOF (not ADLÖF).

2000-06-09, 17:06
Svar #8

Lars Hellströmer

Hallo Tomasz!

I have found two Adlöf in Stockholm

Anna Maria Adlöf   1816-08-02

Anna Charlotta Adlöf  1856-06-26

2000-06-12, 08:46
Svar #9

Tomasz Adlof

Hello Lars!
Thank you very much for that information. Now I have to find out if Anna Maria Adlöf and Anna Charlotta Adlöf are relatives of Cecilia Adlöf. Maybe somebody knows something about that?
Thanks again!

2000-06-12, 10:55
Svar #10

Lars Hellströmer

Hallo Tomasz

I have some more information:

Anna Maria Adlöfs husband died before 1889, who?

Anna Charlotta Adlöf moved to Amerika in 1882,

I can not see if they are relatives of Cecilia
Adlöf, Maybe somebody can help you, Tomasz

2000-06-12, 12:52
Svar #11

Tomasz Adlof

Hello Lars!
Thanks again for information. Maybe somebody knows something about parents, brothers, sisters, children or other relatives of Anna Maria Adlöf and Anna Charlotta Adlöf. Please help me!

I know almost everything about husband and son of Cecilia Emerentia Adlöf from Stockholm. Maybe somebody can tell me something about her sisters or brothers and about her father L.Adlöf and his family.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna