ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Access to archival sources in Sweden  (läst 1134 gånger)

2003-12-16, 04:04
läst 1134 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
I plan to donate copies of our family's letters from Sweden (1887 - 1925) to the archive in Lund.  They are written in script, using much of the old dialect, and I think they belong in Sweden, rather than being donated here in the U.S.  My question deals with access and use of your archival sources.  How do students or writers find out what sources are available in each of the provincial holdings?  Once these letters are processed, will they enter some on-line catalog of diaries and letters?  I am curious because I took a masters degree in history, and I found it very difficult to locate personal diaries and papers in U.S.libraries.

2004-02-14, 21:18
Svar #1

Bo Nordenfors (Nob)

Suggest to e-mail Birgitta Lindholm at University Library of Lund
Forestandare@lub.lu.se  
they are holding many private archives and I think they can give you and advice.

2010-07-25, 00:21
Svar #2

Utloggad Erick Olofsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 80
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-02-26, 16:26
    • Visa profil
My Great Grandfathers name was Gustaf A Fahlberg and I have his business card from Sweden either Stockholm but may have been in Ludgo parish  26 Jan. 1827 near Nyköping, Södermanland where he was born.
I was told it may have been a hotel in either town.
The Card reas PENSIONATET
              39 Östra Hamngalan 39.
              Cafe & Matsalar.
Thank you for your help, if I find this out I will know where he worked.
Erick G. Olofsson

2010-07-25, 06:53
Svar #3

Utloggad Camilla Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3135
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-05-28, 10:43
    • Visa profil
It most certainly isn't Ludgo and not Nyköping either. There is no such street in Stockholm, but it's quite possible that there has been and that the street either no longer exists or has been renamed. I think it is Göteborg (Gothenburg), where there is a street with that name.

2010-07-25, 20:35
Svar #4

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
There is indeed a street in Göteborg by the name of Östra Hamngatan.
There are streets called Östra Hamngatan also in the towns of Arboga, Falun, Karlskrona, Åhus and Motala.

A pensionat isn't an hotel, it's a boarding-house. The café was probably open to the public, while the matsalar means dining-rooms - they worked much like e.g. a staff canteen, only you had to subscribe to it for a certain period (e.g. a week or a month). Clerks etc. from nearby businesses would have lunch there, and very often also dinner and even breakfast (since they lived in rented rooms with no cooking facilities); there were different meal-plans. But it was no restaurant where you could just turn up, and the bill of fare is was extremely limited, if there were any alternatives at all.  

What year are we talking about? I assume 1827 is when Gustaf Fahlberg was born - when did he emigrate?

Ingela

2010-07-25, 21:15
Svar #5

Utloggad Camilla Eriksson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3135
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-05-28, 10:43
    • Visa profil
He didn't emigrate - he lived in Göteborg. Questions about his origin/life are spread all over the forum and hard to follow, so I can't find my own answer to one of the eight or so questions about him where I stated when he moved to Göteborg.

2010-07-26, 00:03
Svar #6

Utloggad Erick Olofsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 80
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-02-26, 16:26
    • Visa profil
Thank you all so much for the information if you know of anything else please advise.   Erick                                                                            The following is whhat I have on my Great Grandfather Gustav Adolf Fahlberg, inspektor. born in Ludgo parish  26 Jan. 1827 near Nyköping, Södermanland as son to the unmarried Maria Catharina Törnros (near Nyköping), Södermanland and died 1875  in Gothenburg. They lived at Århammar in Nykyrka parrish from 1840. It seems like Gustaf Adolph took the name Fahlberg when he moved 1841 to Ternö in Husby-Oppunda parrish. Gustav Adolph died 1875  in Gothenburg. Father: GUSTAF ADLOF FAHLBERG Father´s title: INSPEKTOR Mother: AMALIA SOFIA KRUSE two children Home parish: Christinae territ Residence: 5:te Roten n:o 68,69. Göteborgs SVARvolume: 000251 Card nr: 10  Page: 9 Row: 3 Persons in the household Fam nr: 1 widow Amalia Sofia Fahlberg f. Kruse f. 1835 in Båstad Krist.l.  (3)Gustaf Alfred k.s. Törnroos s. f. 23. Sept.  1869 in Gbg:s Domk (4)Marie Louise d. f. Jan. 11,  1873 in Gbg:s Domk Child born 1873 Fam nr: 2  However Fahlbergs had 4 children In “mödraregister i Domkyrko församling” In “Husförhör Al:8 page 274” (see copy) Gustaf Theodor is dead and Maria Sofia can't be found anywhere. (1)Maria Sofia b. 22 Sept. 1866. (2)Gustaf  Theodor b. 9 Nov. 1867  Amanda Grunditz f. 1857 in Anderstorp Jönk.l., Piga means family maid.  
Fahlberg f. Kruse, Amalia Sofia born 1835 in Båstad (Kristianstad county, province Skåne) Widow, mother in the family 5th squad No. 68, 69 Gothenburg Kristine parish Gothenburg and Bohus county, Västergötland  Birth place in the source: Båstad Kristianstad county Amalia Sofia Fahlberg b. Kruse 1835 Båstad was: Fahlberg b. Kruse, Amalia Sofia 1835 Mother Törnroos, Gustaf Alfred 1869  
2Great Grand Mother  
Maria Catharina Törnros  born February 5, 1804 in Trosa, Sweden Mother Gustav Adolf Fahlberg.
They lived at Århammar in Nykyrka parrish from 1840.  
Maria Catharina Törnros married at 50 years of age to the widower Petter Jonsson at Århammar in Nykyrka
Godfather and Godmother Eric Bengtsson & Lotta Ersdotter in Trollesund to Maria Catharina Törnros
3xGreat Grandfather Anders Törnros born 21 February 1769 at the parrish Torpa (probably the one in Västmanlands län). Died 5 April 1857 at Nyborg in Lästringe parrish. Married to Maria Olofsdotter born 2 April 1775 at Björkstugan in the parrish Bälinge as daughter to Olof Olofsson and Anna Eriksdotter. She died 14 June 1856 at Nyborg in Lästringe.  
3xGreat Grandmother Maria Olofsdotter born 2 April 1775 at Björkstugan in the parrish Bälinge as daughter to Olof Olofsson and Anna Eriksdotter.  
Marie Olofsdotter & Anders Törnoros had 10 children:
Maria Catharina born February 5, 1804 in Trosa:  Eric. Born 1 July 1796 at Nynäs, Bälinge.  
Anders. Born 28 October 1799 in Trosa. Died 20 December 1799. Anna Christina. Born 15 Dec. 1800 in Trosa.  
Anders. Born 26 Jan 1807, and Sara Brita. Born 9 June 1810 at Nyborg, Lästringe. Died 28 September 1811.  
Gustaf. Born 16 Oct 1812. Died 23 November 1812. And Carl. B.27 Jan 1814 Nyborg, Lästringe. D. 3/16 1817.  
Sara Lisa. Born 19 Sept 1817 and Charlotta. Born 29 December 1819 at Weda, Lästringe.  
4XGreat Grandfather
Olof Olofsson at Björkstugan in the parrish Bälinge  
4xGreat Grandmother
Anna Eriksdotter. Born 2/12/1836 at Björkstugan in Bälinge. Daughter of the previous farmer Erik Olsson and Kerstin Eriksdotter. She died 14 June 1856 at Nyborg in Lästringe.  
5xGreat Grandfather Erik Olsson of Nyborg in Lästringe
5xGreat Grandmother Kerstin Eriksdotter of Nyborg in Lästringe

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna