ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Begravda i Sverige lookup please  (läst 746 gånger)

2010-01-04, 17:42
läst 746 gånger

Utloggad Harald Hille

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 60
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-01, 14:18
    • Visa profil
I am trying to get birth (year) and death (place and year) information on a 17th century ancestor and his wife.  His name was Carl Heijman (born in Viborg?) and her name was Ingrid Arrhenia (born Kapfelman in Linköping ca. 1640?).  The only records I have found are their marriage record in Riddarholmens frs. in Stockholm on 22 May 1678 and the baptism records for their 5 children (1679-1685 in that same church).  Carl is thought to have died by or before 1691, in which case Ingrid had 5 children under the age of 11 to support on her own.  What did she do?  Where could she turn? She had 2 university professor brothers in Upsala (Claes Arrhenius von Örnhielm and Jacob A.)  She had a brother in Norrköping (Johan A.). Her father Arvid K. (A.?) died in 1687 in Norrköping.  Browsing around church records in those towns has not produced any results.
Ingrid's sons end up in SW Sweden, mostly in the military.
Thanks,
HH

2010-01-04, 20:13
Svar #1

Utloggad Eva Dahlberg

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 4039
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-12, 18:31
    • Visa profil
Harald, there is very little information on the cd for that time frame, only 65 people if you search for the years 16xx, but not all have years indicated. No obvious matches!

When I searched Anbytarforum, I found your post from June 2009 under , where some more data is given and the answer that refers to Svenska Släktkalendern.

When searching for  Arrhenius and Kapfelman I also found your posts under  and Anbytarforum » Discussions in English » General questions » Arrhenius family in 17th C. from May 2009 - it seems you never got any answers there.

Finally I got a hit in a post in the discussion on the , as his sister apparently was married to a Claes Arrhén von Kapfelman.  

It seems like you are researching a family and time period which few others unfortunately work with. Myself, I'm not familiar with resarch in noble families or that time frame in cities.

When I searched google for the family members, I found a reference in an old lexicon regarding the name Kapfelman/Arrhenius, in Runeberg, which indicates their background, - here in Swedish only.

My links above are mostly a tool for others to know what is already known from your side, and the only answer you got regarding the Arrhenius family.  

Did you get at copy of the article in Svensk Slägtkalender nr 4 (1888) or found out if the information went sufficiently far back? You seem to have established her as a sister/daughter now (more uncertain in your previous posts).

Good luck!
med vänliga hälsningar,
Eva

(Meddelandet ändrat av edah 2010-01-04 20:13)

2010-01-05, 01:31
Svar #2

Utloggad Harald Hille

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 60
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-01, 14:18
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Eva, for your research efforts.  I guess the Swedish church records really only begin in the mid-17th century and it took a while before all parishes kept records.  I remember reading somewhere a story of 2 Swedish bishops in the 1620s or 1630s who were impressed by the records the German churches kept and slowly got Swedish pastors to assume such responsibilities.
I was able to get the 1888 volume of Svenska Slägtkalendern and that information (unsourced) mentions 2 daughters of Arvid (Claesson) Kapfelman (Arrhenius) in Linköping, (Ingrid and Anna) but, unlike SS's treatment of the sons, the daughters have no birth years, so I have little idea how old Ingrid (Arvidsdotter) Arrhenia might have been when she married, nor where and when she died.  The SS article mentions the link to C.M. Bellman, which is exciting as I really enjoy his poetry and songs.
It's possible, even probable, that Ingrid Arrhenia survived into the 18th century, but I have no idea where she went after her husband and source of income died in the 1690s.
At least one of the baptismal records of her children show that her famous brother Claes had been expected at the christening at Riddarholmens kyrkan (his name is given at the head of the list of faddrar followed by absens).  I might try to make out more names of the godparents/witnesses and try to research them.  Ingrid might have found shelter with one of them.
Tack för hjälpen och Gott Nytt År!
HH

2010-01-05, 05:57
Svar #3

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
A couple of comments:

A few bishops were indeed impressed by the German system of record-keeping and introduced it in their own dioceses. However, it wasn't until 1686 that the clergy was obliged by law to keep records of baptisms, weddings and funerals - from 1688. Please note that they didn't at first keep records of births and deaths.
Certain groups kept records earlier, namely the clergy but above all - of course - the nobility, since nobility is all about who is descended from whom.

It is not surprising that someone who had promised to be a godparent was absent at the christening, since the christening had to take place within the week after the birth (and generally was performed much sooner than that since the child was perceived to be in grave danger until baptised) - and children have a tendency to arrive when they want to, not when they are confidently expected.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna