ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Birth Date Lookup  (läst 672 gånger)

2009-10-06, 05:37
läst 672 gånger

Utloggad Jordan Thompson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 17
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-04-18, 04:22
    • Visa profil
Hello,  

I am new to this site and am looking for some help with my research.  

I am looking for the birth place & date correction for 3rd great grandfather. His name is Erick Person. His tombstone reads his birth date as 28 Mar 1828. I have not been able to find records for him online, but a cousin of mine was in contact with a researcher and they say the only Erick Person they find was born in the county Varmland,and the Parish was Gustav Adolf with a birth date of 1 Oct. 1828. The dates do not match up so there is a bit of confusion there. I know that Erick's wifes name was Wilhelmina Danielsdotter. Her birthdate on her tombstone is 15 Jan 1833. I know they had 6 children with 5 of the 6 being born in county Kopparberg in the parish of Tyngsjö. The 6th child was born after their emmigration to the U.S.A. Anyones help in finding out any information about my family would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if I have misspelled or offended anyone with this post as I am a new member and an not yet familiar. Thank you very much.  

- Jordan Thompson

2009-10-06, 07:26
Svar #1

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
Jordan,

I believe that the information is correct, for some reason the birthdays have been altered, probably after emigration. This is the family in the Emibas emigration register:

Name, birthday

Danielsdotter, Vilhelmina 18330119 Tyngsjö   1886
Ericsdotter, Anna Maria 18600507 Tyngsjö   1880
Ericsson, Johan Eric 18560215 Tyngsjö   1880
Eriksson, Daniel Julius 18670223 Tyngsjö   1885
Eriksson, Lars 18650224 Tyngsjö   1890 (listed as unknown in 1886 so he may have gone earlier)
Persson, Erik 18281001 Tyngsjö   1886

Erik Persson was born in Gustaf Adolf in Värmland.

According to the household census there was also a daughter Lisa Cathrina born 16 March 1858, she married 25 March 1879 to Erik Olsson born in Gustaf Adolf, Värmland 1855. They emigrated with their 3 children in 1887, Lisa then listed as Ersdotter (same as Eriksdotter).

The emigration records from Gothenburg harbor say that Erik Persson and wife went to Wahpeton, Dakota

One reason for the discrepancy in birth dates could be that the tombstone was inscibed by the children and they may not have known the actual birth date. If anything was celebrated it was the names day the day in the calendar which had your name, not the birthday. Death certificates in the US for Swedes sometimes show the same discrepancies in birth dates

(Meddelandet ändrat av izla 2009-10-06 07:53)

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna