ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Can someone direct me  (läst 711 gånger)

2000-04-18, 19:44
läst 711 gånger

maureen

I don't know where to go from here.I have found my grandfathers parents and siblings years of birth.Which parish they were in 1890 from the census.I have all the information on my grfathers arival in Canada.I don't know where to begin for his family or his grparents.
He was born Frans Oskar Vitalis Lundqvist son of Anders Johansson Lundqvist b-1843,
Cajsa Jonsdotter b-1845
He was born Dec 16,1888 in Gudmundra.
I know he was married and had a daughter in 1923 when he came to Canada.On his papers here in Canada Wife name was Maria address Malmo.
He left Sweden May of 1923 for England and then left Hull England for Canada Oct 1 1923.
I would like to find out all about his family.We never knew he was married or had a child til a month ago when we recieved his papers from the Canadian Gov.My mother believes he was in the Military in Sweden but does not know for how long.
His live was a secret for all those years and now my Mom would like some answers so if anyone can help me in any way it would be appreciated.
Thank You  
Maureen

2000-04-19, 01:01
Svar #1

Utloggad Martin Gunnarsson Kulldorff

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 94
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-08-25, 01:12
    • Visa profil
Hej Maureen,

To find out about your grandfather after 1890, do the following:

1. Go to the nearest Family History Center, run by the Mormons.  
2. Order microfilms number 1364731 and 1364732 from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (http://www.familysearch.com/Search/searchcatalog.asp). These contain the husförhörslängd for Gudmundrå parish, 1889-1898 (Gudmundrå AI:8). This will cost you about US$ 7 for shipping and handling.  
3. After the films arrive a couple of weeks later, either look for Anders Johansson Lundqvist in the index which is the third item on the second film, or go directly to the records for the village of Frånö.
4. The index will tell you on what page your relatives can be found, which could be on either of the two films. There it will tell you how long they lived in Frånö, and if they moved away before 1898, it will tell you when and where they moved to. If they moved to another place in the same parish, you can follow them within the same volume, but otherwise you have to order the records for the parsih they moved to.  
5. If they were still in Gudmundrå at the end of 1898, you also have to order microfiche number 6111926, which contains the index for the subsequent volume, which is located on microfiche numbers 6111918- 6111926.

To find out about the parents of your great grandfather Anders Johansson Lundqvist, do the following: Order microfilms number 144020 (Nöbbele C:3) and 144018 (Nöbbele AI:12-13) from the Family History Library. First look in film 144020, for the year 1843, where you should find the birth record for your great grandfather (a son Anders to a father Johan/Jon). Check what village they are from, and look them up in that village in film 144018. That should give you the name, birthplace and year of Anders parents and siblings.  

To find out about the parents of your great grandmother Cajsa Jonsdotter, do the following: Order microfilms number 81786 (Mangskog C:3) and 81785 (Mangskog AI:17-18) from the Family History Library. First look at film 81786 for the year 1845, where you should find the birth record for your great grandmother (a daughter Cajsa to a father Jon/Johan). Check what village they are from, and look them up in that village on film 81785. That should give you the name, birthplace and year of Cajsa's parents and siblings.  

Gudmundrå is in a very beautiful area in central Sweden called Höga Kusten, about 400-500 kilometers north of Stockholm. You and your mother may want to visit one day.

2000-05-10, 20:03
Svar #2

maureen

Martin
Thankyou so much for this information.I will order this all right away and maybe have some more of my family found.
Yes we do want to visit one day.Iam hoping for spring od 2001.
Maureen

2000-07-11, 05:19
Svar #3

Cherly Peterson

To Porkka Cousins in Sweden:
Matt Larsson Porkka/Kahkoinen c. 1610 settled near Runsjon between  
Svarthultsberg and Boseberget with two sons. The first son was Mikel Mattsson  
Porkka/Kahkoinen c. 1630.  His son was Matt Mikelsson Kahkoinen c.1657 or  
1661. Matts children were Erik Mattsson c.1680, Olaf Mattsson c. 1682, Marten  
Mattsson c. 1686 and Matt Mattsson c. 1699. There were other Mikelsson  
siblings including Olaf Mikelsson c.1679 with two wives, and  Per Mikelsson  
c. 1686 m. Anna Jakobsdotter 1675.  Erik Mattsson c.1680 and his second wife  
Marit Eriksdotter c.1695 had two surviving sons, Anders  Eriksson 1719 or  
1720 and Olaf Andersson 1723. Marit may be the daughter of Erik Mattsson  
Porkka c.1651 and the sister of Samuel Eriksson 1704. Records are now being  
searched. Anders 1720 and his wife Kerstin had three surviving sons: Erik  
Andersson 1746, Anders Andersson 1747 and Olaf Andersson 1749. Erik 1746 m.  
Marit Andersdotter 1747. Anders  1747 m. Gertrud Johansdotter c.1738 and Olaf  
1749 m. Ingeborg Nilsdotter 1749. Thethree sons inherited the property at  
Fabacken. Many descendants of Erik and Anders settled in Minnesota and the  
Dakotas, USA beginning in the 1860's, including six grandsons of Erik and  
four granddaughters of Anders.  The children of Anders Andersson 1778 and  
Britta Halstensdotter 1783 were; Gertrude 1804, Kathrin 1806, Britta 1810, Mar
ia 1814, Kerstin 1816, Marit 1820, Ingeborg 1822, Hallsten 18 24, Karin 1828  
and Per 1829.  No information on their aunt, Maria Andersdotter  1773. Matt  
Larsson Porkka/Kahkoiunen c.1610 second son was Johan Mattsson Kahkoinen  
c.1635. His son was Johan Johansson c.1660 of  Runsjon. Johan 1660 had son  
Johan Johansson c.1695 m. Anna Orjansdotter Porkka. Johan 1660 may have had  
another son - Olaf Johansson c.1688-1733, this family also from Runsjon.  
Porkkas married other Porkkas and also into the Hamalainen Family.  
Resources are from 10 generations of family, Jarl Ericson book and research.

from  Patricia Kukel and Jeff Peterson, descendants of two of the six sons.

2008-02-08, 20:22
Svar #4

Bill Gustavson

I was hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.  I have traced my family back to an Anders Jonsson b. 1718 in Folkehyltan, Mortorp parish.  However, getting any more information further back seems to be quite troubling.  I believe that Anders was a farmer as was his family thereafter, but I cannot find records that would indicate whether he owned the land or just worked it.  I would also like to know what was produced on the farm.  I am having a hard time getting any information on my family that's not just birth, death, marriage etc..  Does anyone know where I can find records of property ownership or deed passed down or handed over to sons/other family members?  Also how can I get a hold of records that can take my research back to time of settlement?
Please,  
Banging my head against a wall
Bill

2008-02-08, 23:08
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Bill,

Have you tried to get hold of probates for your family members? They generally exist from around 1734 (there was a law about making them at that time) and forwards. They are kept in in archives of the local district court, which for Mortorp will be Södra Möre Häradsrätt.  

The probates are microfilmed and available through the Mormon Family History Centers. To find them you go to the FHL Catalog and do a place search for Sodra More, part of Kalmar, Sweden and then look for Probates. Usually there is also an index on the first roll of film, so you can find out what family members had probates. It was mandatory to make them, but some have been lost during the ages, and some were never made because of poverty or other causes.

But to find documentation back to the time of settlement of the area is not possible, as Sweden has been settled since about 10.000 years back, as the Big Ice retreated.}

2008-02-09, 13:49
Svar #6

Utloggad Göran Johansson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1500
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-09-27, 20:31
    • Visa profil
Bill, inventories of estate were made after somebody had died. They can be very useful if you want to know more about ownership, heir or heiress, etc. If you are lucky such an inventory might have been made when Anders Jonsson, his wife or some of his children died in Mortorp. My proposal is that you send an e-mail to Landsarkivet in Vadstena and ask if they have inventories of estate regarding some of your ancesters. I think Landsarkivet i Vadstena have lists in alphabetical order for Sodra More. When you write you have to tell when the relative/s you looking for died and where. E-mail address is:  
landsarkivet@landsarkivet-vadstena.ra.se

Inventory of estate = bouppteckning
Landsarkiv = district archive

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna