ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Death date or burial record  (läst 1427 gånger)

2009-09-23, 12:09
läst 1427 gånger

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 108
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-08-01, 01:40
    • Visa profil
Would like to find the death dates and burial place of the following couple:
Samuel Karlsson  b: Nov 26, 1835 in Långaryd, Jönköping
and his wife,  Clara Andreasdotter b: Mar 17 1838 in Långaryd, Jönköping
They lived and raised their family in Kinnared, Halland and possibly died there.
Thank you.

2009-09-25, 00:45
Svar #1

Utloggad Annica Pettersson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 88
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-01-02, 17:07
    • Visa profil
The 26th November 1835 was the farmer (freeholder), Carl Svensson from East Kråkeryd and his wife Christina Andersdotter's son Samuel born and the 27th he was baptised. Godfathers and Godmothers: Organist Sven Hjortbrant, farmhand Anders Storm from Stenshults torp [= the croft in Stenhult], the widow Christina Johansdotter from East Kråkeryd and the maid Anna Lisa Jacobsdotter from West Kråkeryd. The mothers age was 20 years. [Source:AD Online:Jönköping: Långaryd C:5 Picture 47/page 89.]

The family moved to Äskebo 1841 [Source:AD Online:Jönköping: Långaryd AI:14 Picture 273/page 264] and to Kinnared 1845  [Source:AD Online:Jönköping: Långaryd AI:15 Picture 298/page 293].

The 12th January 1859 Samuel moved from outer Bohult in Kinnared to Malmö  [Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:2 Picture 10/page 8]. He came back in 1856 and moved to Björsed 1859  [Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:3 Picture 13/page 21.]

The 17th March 1838 was the farmer (freeholder) Andreas Johannesson from Gassbo and his wife Greta Stina Magnidotter's daugther Clara born and the 18th she was baptised. Godfathers and Godmothers: Mr Johannes Andersson from Gassbo, mr Peter Perssn from Elmeliden, mrs Johanna Petersdotter from the same place and the maid Anna Sara Johannesdotter from Gassbo. The mothers age was 27 years. [Source:AD Online:Jönköping: Långaryd C:5 Picture 74/page 143.]

The family moved to Kinnared 1949  [Source:AD Online:Jönköping: Långaryd AI:15 Picture 152/page 147]

Year 1859, the 30th October was the banns for farmhand Samuel Carlsson in Bohult, Kinnared, 24 years old and the maid Clara Andreasdotter in Björsed, Kinnared, 21 years old announsed in the church. They were married the 28th December 1859 as the 6th couple that year.  [Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared C:4 Picture 4/page 34.]

When married, they started their living in Björsed in the part of the small farm that Clara handed out from her parents before their death [or bougth?]. There they got their first daugther, Anna Josefina the 21th January 1861.   [Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:3 Picture 10/page 15.]

Daugther Emma Maria born 1863 12/4
Daugther Johanna Olivia born 1869 28/7
[Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:4 Picture 16/page 12.]

Son Clas Albin born 1874 21/2
Son Karl Birger born 1880 17/2
[Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:5 Picture 12/page 10.]

Björsed have changed to Björsjö [they havn't moved!].
Emma Maria moved to Helmöbo(?) 1883 26/10
Johanna Olivia moved to ???gården 1883 26/10 and came from Drängsered 1884 24/10.
Klas Albin went to his Confirmation 1889 and moved to America 1892 11/3
[Source:AD Online:Halland: Kinnared AI:6 Picture 25/page 15.]

Since I think You already might have these facts, I havn't gone to the book of birth for their children or other relatives. I am sorry I couldn't find their date of death but I will check with a friend of mine if she can search in the CD of death for them - IF she got it. Or, hopefully, someone else in this area will se your question and check it for You.

I live some Swedish miles from the small villages your relatives was living in, maybe I might check in the cementary if their gravestone(s) still are standing there [in Sweden the gravestones will be moved and the grave used to another person after (long) while whith some exeptions].

You'r welcome,

Annica

2009-10-01, 08:28
Svar #2

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you so much Annica for all the information you have supplied me with.  Some I had found, but not all.  And it is always nice to have information on place name changes and occupations.  Not being able to read Swedish,  the smallest bit of information means so much to me.  I was very surprised to hear about gravestones possibly being moved and the grave being used again.  I had never heard of this before.  I am sorry for being late replying to you.  I was out of town for a few days.  Thank you once again.   Regards,  Eileen

2009-10-01, 10:15
Svar #3

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Eileen,  

In a book named Victorian London by Lee Jackson, I read that the graves there, too, were reused in much the same way as in Sweden. The more generations that have lived in the same spot, the more space needed for graves - I guess that without reusing, all European churchyards would've been filled up soon after the middle ages. In Sweden in the 19th century and earlier, wooden grave markers were common so often there wasn't even any stone to move. With grave markers rotting away over time, obviously it's hard to keep track of where there are graves and not. In the past, bones encountered in digging a grave would either be put back in the ground, or moved to a bone house in the churchyard.  

Today, with better record keeping, a grave is dug the deepest the first time it's used, less deep the next time, and so on, so that the existing graves on the spot aren't disturbed. Of course this puts a limit on how many times it can be reused, I don't know how they plan to solve this over time.

2009-10-01, 20:53
Svar #4

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Well, there are more and more people that says they won't be buried in a traditional grave. They have a wish to be burned and want their ashes to be spread somewere or put it in a pot that will be placed in a anonymous place in the graveyard. In some of these places it's forbidden to place flowers, lights ets, and in others there are a public place were everyone put their flowers. One reason for this is that many people feels stressed over dead relatives and the fact they feel they havn't got the time to visit the graveyard. I don't know how far You move from Your parents in th US, but in Sweden it's rather common that one move for example from the north part of the country to the south, and might never go back. But it's not nessesary with these large distanses, a couple of Swedish mile's can be enough to some people for not visiting the graveyard, especially for those who havn't got a driving licence. Another explanation is the cost, wich I have no idea of how large or small it is, for having the right to the place of a grave.  

Annica

2009-10-01, 21:08
Svar #5

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I might explain something I wrote the first time. I wrote east and west for your understanding, in Sweden we say öst and väst - or östra (=the east) and västra (the west). (The) north = norr(a) and (the) south = söder (södra). In old times v could be wrote w in this word, in other words f could be used too, ä could be e or ae. This is only one part of the difficulties in the Swedish language, we didn't got any rules for the spelling before after 1800 sometime (if I remember it right). The loss of spelling rules can be seen of how the name could vary from time to time in one persons life (there are a list of names somewhere in this area).

Annica

2009-10-02, 00:17
Svar #6

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Thank you ladies for your input.  It is so nice communicating with you both.  If I can be of help in any  North America research for your ancestors, please do not hesitate to ask.   Regards,  Eileen

2009-10-02, 10:03
Svar #7

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
It would be very nice to have your help in the future, this far I've found 16 ancestors that emigrated to North America but I have no idea of where they settled down. What kind of data - exept of name, place and date for birth etc - do you have use for? Two days ago I checked in Emibas and found some of them, is the Emibas number to any help for you? I've planed to do some more research next week, maybe I put the data in here after that. If I do so, don't hurry - I got several years of searching left before I can feel I'm finished.

Best regards,
Annica

2009-10-03, 07:33
Svar #8

Utloggad Eileen Cook

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Hi Annica,  I would be happy to see what I can find.  I don't know if you're  familiar with Ancestry.com or not.  I have a subscription to it.  US census up to 1930 and Canadian to 1911.  Lots of vital records, some military and  immigration records.   Also several connections around N.America.  I guess you have no idea if they changed their surnames or not.  That part could be a little tricky.  I will keep checking this site for your reply --- or you can email me directly     eacook@yahoo.com   Put Sweden Genealogy in the subject line or I may not open it.   I live in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.

2009-10-14, 22:35
Svar #9

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
For them who reads this thread I will tell a fantastic coincidence! Eileen and I have a connection through my husband! I don't answer every thread and when one think of how many people there were ho emigrated from Sweden it's fantastic it's possible to get in toutch with someone who there are some relations with by this way. Our relationship?

In 1838 15/7, my husband's father's mother's father's mother's mother's brother's son Andreas Svensson born 1816 22/8 in Boda Bäckegård, Södra Hestra,Jönköping, married Eileens mother's mother's mother's father's sister Anna Sara Johannesdotter born 1817 6/10 in Gassbo, Långaryd, Halland. They settled down in  Lilla Hyggås, Södra Hestra parish, Jönköpings county.  

Andreas mother's second husband was a cousin to her first husband so he and his sister Johanna was second cousins to their three siblings, Sara Christina, Lena and Sven.

Nice, isn't it.

Annica

2009-10-14, 23:48
Svar #10

Utloggad Margaretha Johansson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 533
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-09-14, 11:33
    • Visa profil
How lovely Annica and Eileen! The world is small - and the best thing is to find somebody who seeks his or her ancestry - and you do the same. Then it is a special thing for you both! Good luck with future findings and maybe meetings...

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna