ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Emihamn Källkod  (läst 2310 gånger)

2010-03-15, 17:44
läst 2310 gånger

Utloggad James Jellison

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-04-24, 19:05
    • Visa profil
The Källkod (code of source) given by Emihamn provides the volume number, page number, and passenger number.  However, I have not discovered from my Swedish version of Emigranten Populär how to access the source documentation.  I would like to learn the name of the specific ship.  Can you tell me how to do this?

2010-03-15, 19:39
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Send the information, including the källkod, to the regional archive (landsarkiv) which holds the records for the port city from which your person emigrated. What was this person's port of departure from Sweden?

They will provide the name of the feeder ship which took the emigrant to Hull or Grimsby in England. (Starting about 1914?????, the Swedish American Line had direct sailings but before then, the trip usually needed a feeder ship to England.) From there the emigrant took a train ride to a port such as Liverpool or Southampton and then boarded the larger ship for the trip across the ocean. They also provide the name of the travel agent. Those agents tended to deal with a particular shipping line, which narrows down the possibilities of ships used.

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swewgw/Emigr/thEmiTrav_Agents.htm

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~swewgw/Emigr/thEmiJourn.htm

The landsarkiv will not know the name of the larger ship.

Judy

2010-03-19, 02:44
Svar #2

Utloggad James Jellison

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 25
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-04-24, 19:05
    • Visa profil
Thanks Judy!

Now I know to go to the regional archive (landsarkiv)for the information that I need.  A number of sources had let me know that the information was pointed to in the källkod. but until now I did not know what to do with the information. I am on a steep learning curve and you have helped me along the way.  Thanks again, Jim

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna