ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Genline help  (läst 898 gånger)

2007-04-05, 03:52
läst 898 gånger

Walter Abramson

Genline page 2042.9.16100, page 50, Gidea parish - village of Flarke. I'm looking at the listing for Nils Lindquist b. 1819, married 1847 (with a note under the Hvarifran column that he came from Bjorna parish in 1848.)

I can not find Nils in any of the earlier Bjorna records. Am I reading the genline page right?  Any help is most appreciated.

2007-04-05, 12:37
Svar #1

Utloggad Don Tuthill

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-09-24, 19:18
    • Visa profil
Hi Walter,
This is one of those wierd ones that happen now and then. Nils Lindquist changed his last name when he moved from Hemling, Björna to Flarke, Gideå. His birth name was Nils Olofsson born in Björna, his father was Olof Nilsson b July 15 1796, his mother was Magdalena Pehrsdotter b May ?31? 1808.  
You can find the Olof Nilsson family along with Nils and his wife Anna Cajsa (Katrina) Nilsdotter at GID: 2033.23.86200. Check all the dates and you will find that they all match. The answer to why he changed his surname can probably be found in the notation on the righthand page. The notation says that both of them were accused of arson but were aquitted by the court. My guess is he changed his name to start anew, giving them a clean start in their marriage. He used his birth name Nils Olofsson on their marriage record, the marriage record can be found at GID: 2033.8.110700.

Hope this helps you!

Have a nice day!

Don

2007-04-05, 17:22
Svar #2

Walter Abramson

Don, Thanks so much for the help! It certainly clears up one mystery.  I assumed that the name Lindquist was a name given through military service. Instead I find that my ancestors may have been arsonists!  Oh well, at least they were acquitted.  By the way, one of Nils' sons, Kristoffer, became a man of deep faith along the lines of the pietist movement.  

Thanks again.

Walter

2007-04-05, 20:04
Svar #3

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Walter,

There will be court records, most likely, so be glad ;-) that they were accused of a crime. The court records would have been kept in the härad (judicial district). Gideå parish is listed as being in Arnäs härad, according to Cradled in Sweden. Perhaps they have been microfilmed. Look under the name of the härad to see if there are films you can order from a Family History Center. If not, the records should be available if you contact the Landsarkiv (Regional Archive).

http://www.ra.se/hla/english.htm

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna