ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: GID:191.36.95400  (läst 947 gånger)

2011-02-10, 20:13
läst 947 gånger

Utloggad Eileen Fischer

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-09, 21:40
    • Visa profil
I am having a little trouble deciphering the entry for Jonas Häkensson (?) Ängberg and his family in the Household Examination Rolls, Örebro, Närke och Värmand, Tysslinge, AI:12 1806-1810 GID:191.36.95400.  It looks like Jonas's wife came from Vintrosa (?) in 1810, although I can't find her there.  Also, I can't make out where Jonas, his wife Kierstin (?) and her son Pehr Pehrsson were born.  I did find Anna Brita's death in 7 May 1811 in Tysslinge which lists her as Jonas Ängberg's daughter, but I could not find her birth record.  I think she may not be Jonas's daughter.  I did find the next daughter named Anna Brita's birth 25 Apr 1812 in Tysslinge which lists her parents as Jonas Engberg and Kierstin Pehrsdr.  I need to determine where Jonas and his wife came from and find their marriage record to determine if this is Kierstin's 2nd marriage.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Eileen

2011-02-11, 13:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Johansson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 247
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-05, 11:17
    • Visa profil
This page is for alun workers.

- Jonas Håkansson Ängberg, born 1774 Undenäs.
- wife Kjerstin Pehrsdotter, born 1776 ditto, came 1810 from Västergård(?).
- step-son Peter Persson, born 1803(?) Öster Emtervik (Östra Ämtervik).
- daughter(?) Anna Brita(?), born 1808 ditto(??), died 1811(?).

You find an Anna Britta as birth number 24, 18 8ep 1808, parents smith's assistant Jonas Håkansson and Kjerstin Persdotter of Gårdsjö Bruk, in GID 552.24.3800, [Värmland, Närke och Värmland] Östra Ämtervik, C.4, Births, 1781-1817, 333, Image 38.

At Gårdsjö Bruk is a maid Kjerstin Persdotter born 1776-05-21 Östra Ämtervik, with illegitimate son Pär Pärsson born 1804 ditto, she has remark gift (married), they move 1808 to Brå???/Brä???.

// Bo Johansson

2011-02-11, 13:36
Svar #2

Utloggad Bo Johansson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
Per's birth is recorded as number 42 of 1804, maid Kjerstin Pärsdotter's illegitimate son Pär Pärsson of Smedsby, born 5 feb. GID 552.24.2800, [Närke och Värmland; Värmland] Östra Ämtervik,  C.4, Births, 1781-1817, 313, Image 28.

// Bo Johansson

2011-02-11, 13:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Bo Johansson

• Anbytare ***
    • Visa profil
GID 552.33.103200, [Värmland, Närke och Värmland] Östra Ämtervik, C.4, Marriages, 1754-1816, page 47, Image 29.

Marriage number 2 of 1808:

The 25th March were married smith's assistant Jonas Håkansson and maid Kerstin Pärsdotter at Gårdsjöbruk, morning gift 10 lod silver.

// Bo Johansson

2011-02-11, 21:44
Svar #4

Utloggad Eileen Fischer

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 20
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-09, 21:40
    • Visa profil
Bo, Thank you so much for your help!  Would there be any info in Kjerstin's illegitimate birth since this was against the law?  If so, where do you go about looking for that info?  My only other question is where would the Ängberg name come from?  He must have added it after Anna Brita's birth in 1808.  The family used that name since then and use the Americanized Engberg today.  By the way, love the note about the morning gift.  I keep learning something new everyday.  Thanks again,

Eileen

2011-02-13, 14:52
Svar #5

Utloggad Ingela Martenius

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1489
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-10-25, 18:20
    • Visa profil
Expecting or bearing a child out of wedlock was indeed against the law until 1864, but there are plenty of examples of women who were never brought before a court. If Kjerstin did appear before a court, there will be a record of it - the judiciary district court (häradsrätt) records. The judiciary district (härad) for Östra Ämtervik was Fryksdal (nedre). So the records are filed under Fryksdals nedre tingslags häradsrätt and are available through AD Online.
Few court records are indexed, you have to leaf through all records for a year or two.

About the name:
90 % of the population made do with patronymics until well after the 1850's. There were however a number of cases when it was deemed appropriate to assume a family name; one of them was if you became a craftsman of any kind and in particular a smith. However, it wasn't appropriate to start using a family name until you were at least a journeyman, preferably of some years standing. Jonas seems to have behaved just as he ought according to the customs of the time: he didn't marry until he he had been a journeyman smith for some years, and about the same time he would have assumed a family name. Ängberg (or Engberg, also in Sweden a common spelling variation today) is perhaps not the most typical of smiths' names, more like a burgher's name, but that became more and more common from the late 18th century.
Where Jonas had the idea specifically of Ängberg is very difficult to say; perhaps he had an association with a farm called that, or he just simply liked the sound (very common reason). Swedes still change family names very frequently, it's a sort of national sport (2009 is supposed to be a top year but then statistics for 2010 aren't ready yet...) - and many select a name from a list of suggested names pre-approved by the authorities, not making up a name from fond associations. Swedes most often have no special feeling for the family name (since it very rarely is more than a generation or two old), and when picking it are more concerned about the sound of it and - for practical reasons - that it matches the old name's initial letter (Larsson e.g. becoming something like Lindqvist).
Read more about Swedish naming customs  here.

The morning gift was mandatory, by law, until 1921; the law even specified the minimum amount. Some clergymen just wrote morning gift according to law, some always specified, some specified only when it was more than the minimum amount and some never mentioned it (since it was mandatory). The woman never received the gift unless she became a childless widow; then it was used as a widow's pension.

Ingela

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna