ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: GID 1077.5.62900 Bäckaby Jönköping Sweden  (läst 1134 gånger)

2007-02-25, 20:27
läst 1134 gånger

linda

Hi,
This is a death record for Per Månsson Died May 6 1772.  I took it to the Swedish Genealogical Society meeting in Minneapolis and after 3 people worked on it we came up with the following.  Can anyone add to this? The part about Carl is very confusing.  
Partial translation on GID1077.5.62900  
Death record for Per Månsson  
Bäckaby Jönköping Sweden  
Died May 6 1772 Gudmundsås in Bäckaby Parish Jönköping
Buried May 8 1772
Partially translated January 2007 Swedish Genealogical Society Meeting
Per is very poor living with or supported by his father's brother.  He is given little money by his father's brother. (Uncle)
He was born May 8 1706 (could be August 5 1706) depending on how the priest wrote the date. His parents were Måns Månsson and Elin Gudmundsdotter.

He married the first time to Elizabeth Månsdotter and the second time to Regina Jonsdotter.  The first marriage was very good as her father? was in the Guard of Carl II (This can't be right he was in office in the 1400's).  It was probably Charles (also called Karl) XI or XII who reined from 1660-1718.  The translators thought that the marriage was socially and economically advantageous.  

He was buried on May 8 1772 66 years old.  
 Thanks Linda

2007-02-25, 21:22
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

The 8th May died and the 17th(?) of the same month was buried Per Månsson at Gudmundsås Lilla(??) ??? ??? Born 1706 at Michelsmass time, parents Måns Månsson and wife Elin Gudmundsdotter. Baptised. Reads in book in a simple way, and has lived calmly without excesses. Worked as farmhand for his father's brother at Gudmundsås, who ??? him ??? for a small payment(??). Then with bishop Linnaeus (at Lund?) for 4 years. Then(?) he, after his father's brother Per Månsson's death, took over  the farming and married a) to maid Lisbeth Månsdotter from Lökugård(??), ??? ???, and gave 2 children, (possibly that one of them lives??). b) to ??? ??? Regina Jönsdotter who born him 6 children, 1 son 5 dughters. ??? 3 daughters live, the oldest married at/to the farm. Ill for 1 year with chest trouble. Received the Lords Sacred Communion through P.W. the 6th May. Took farewell of his (family??) and neighbors. Aged somewhat above 66 years.

// Bo Johansson

2007-02-25, 21:24
Svar #2

Bo Johansson

P.S. I see nothing about a royal Guard. Could it be the two children taht was read as Carl II?

// Bo Johansson

2007-02-26, 00:23
Svar #3

linda

Thanks, I guess we need some work with our translaters.  They really spent a long time looking at this and we were really baffled.  I appreciate the help.  Linda

2007-02-26, 07:23
Svar #4

Utloggad Christina Helmby

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6099
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 09:48
    • Visa profil
Hi Linda!
Pehr Månsson was my ancestor!
I have the whole notice in swedish here:

My english isn?t good enough to translate the old words, hope Bo Jonsson (or someone else)can fill it in for you.

Was Pehr an ancestor to you? His daughter Annica was my great great great grandmother

Regards
Christina
Eagle

2007-02-26, 08:54
Svar #5

Utloggad Christina Helmby

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6099
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 09:48
    • Visa profil
Sorry Bo!
I meant Johansson

Christina
Eagle

2007-02-26, 21:38
Svar #6

linda rosedahl

Hi Christina
Yes I'm also related through Annica through her son Sven Svensson b. March 4 1782 in Bäckaby.  
Your English is wonderful.  
I sent an email to you at your email address.  If you don't receive it please let me know.
Thank you so much for responding after many years of researching this is the first time anyone has sent me an email with a direct relationship.  Linda

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna