ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Grandmother's Age  (läst 189 gånger)

2002-01-29, 16:25
läst 189 gånger

Joel Rosenquist

My grandmother, Emma Bodin, was born on April 4, 1874.  

On the day of her emigration (August 26, 1881 - see the inquiry for John Bodeen in the Emigrants section), her exact age was 7 years, 5 months.  The emigration record gives her age as eight (8).  The passenger list from New York also shows the age as eight.  Was it common to give the age according to the next birthday?

Best Regards,

Joel Rosenquist

2002-02-09, 18:49
Svar #1

Utloggad Ingemar Skarpås

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 179
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-28, 15:29
    • Visa profil
No, we don't give/state the subsequent year normally. However in some records the exact date when a person was borned was not of interest, and an approximation may have been entered. I have seen that in some military records in the early 1800eds. On a ship it might have somthing to do with the price of the ticket (depending on how much a person was likely to eat).

2002-02-12, 17:55
Svar #2

Joel Rosenquist

Thank you, Ingemar

Regards,
Joel Rosenquist

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna