ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Help reading old Swedish text  (läst 1598 gånger)

2008-12-12, 22:06
läst 1598 gånger

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 62
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-04-25, 02:16
    • Visa profil
One of my earliest ancestors was a member of the Stockholm Comb Maker's Guild in the 1700s.  This past summer I visited the LDS genealogy Library in Salt Lake City, Utah where I was able to obtain digital scans of many pages from their microfilm of the Stockholm Comb Maker's Guild records.  I have assembled these images on a website (http://www.berggreen.org/genealogy/CombMakersGuild/Guild.html).  I am hoping that somebody who is experienced at reading these old Swedish records might be willing to transcribe and translate any of the sections that deal with Hans Bargren (last name later changes to Berggren) and his sons.

2009-01-06, 01:05
Svar #1

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Since I've had no volunteers, maybe someone can recommend somebody who might
do the translations for a fee.

Art

2009-01-06, 15:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Mikael Jageklint

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 371
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-04-30, 13:59
    • Visa profil
Since there is quite a lot of text you're asking to both transcribe and translate, which is very time-consuming, the best thing would probably be to offer some sort of compensation as you do. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you.

/Mikael

2009-01-06, 21:44
Svar #3

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
I really don't have any idea what a fair payment would be.  If anyone is interested, give me an idea of how much they think it should cost.  It looks like the current exchange rate is about 8 Swedish Krona to 1 US dollar.  Does PayPal work internationally?  If so, that would be the easiest way to transfer payments.

Art

2009-01-06, 23:09
Svar #4

Utloggad Anne-Lee Wilson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1818
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-07-14, 22:00
    • Visa profil
Art,

I do not interpret handwritten text very well but if someone does that first,I could try to translate the text for you.

Anne-Lee Wilson
Virginia,USA

2009-02-23, 04:21
Svar #5

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Well, since no one seems interested in attempting the big task, is there anyone who might read and translate the last six lines on the first page (http://www.berggreen.org/genealogy/CombMakersGuild/Page001.jpg)?

2009-02-23, 05:55
Svar #6

Utloggad Per Sundin

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6944
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-29, 13:32
    • Visa profil
    • Släkter och gårdar
Same day old-man (within the craft-guild) Hult registered boy Hans Berggren, five years old counting from last year's beginning, contributing to the box, the poor and the hospital, and also presented evidence of his honest birth.

2009-02-23, 13:20
Svar #7

Utloggad Robert Karlsson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 191
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-14, 14:47
    • Visa profil
Hey Art!

I found another page on your site that had some words that weren't translated. http://www.berggreen.org/genealogy/GuildCert1.htm

Here's a somewhat correct translation of the missing words:

udesåtter = subjects (political)
udi = in
nitiottende = ninetyeigth
derhos = that(?)
henseende = regard(?)
verderfares = known (to be)

PS. The translation on that page is pretty bad all over. ;)  

(Meddelandet ändrat av robtm den 23 februari, 2009)

2009-02-23, 19:49
Svar #8

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thanks Per!

Are you sure of the age?  I'd had assumed that the first entry with his name would be related to his becoming an apprentice.  But five years of age seems awfully young.  I wish I'd worked out the date of that page.

Ultimately, I'm trying to establish that this Hans Bargren is the same as the Hans Bargren born 01 Apr 1730, the son of Nils Hanson Bargren a soldier at Svea Livgarde in Stockholm. Han Bargren/Berggren marries on 18 May 1760 to the widow of another member of the guild.  The dates of marriage and death are consistant with them being the same person.  I've have been told that Bargren was an unusual name.  The guild records and other records show that eventually his name changed to Berggren.

Art

2009-02-23, 20:01
Svar #9

Utloggad Art Berggreen

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Robert, thanks for your input on the translation of the guild certificate!

Most of the translation was based on online machine translation.  The Swedish version was transcribed from the handwritten original document by a distant Danish relative.  I have a photocopy of the original guild certificate.  Someday I'd really like to get a better translation directly from my photocopy, since Carl Peter Berggren is my G-G-G-Grandfather.

Art

2009-02-24, 13:23
Svar #10

Utloggad Sven-Ove Brattström

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 3276
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-09, 14:25
  • Bilden är gammal, mera rynkor nu :)
    • Visa profil
Hans was not five years old, but he was young. gossen = the boy.
He was signed in for a period of five years, counted from the beginning of the past year.

He had also shown evidence that his parents were married when he was born, who they were, and were he was born.
If you are lucky, maybe this evidence still remains in the guilds archives.

(Meddelandet ändrat av brattis den 24 februari, 2009)

(Meddelandet ändrat av brattis den 24 februari, 2009)
Brattis (före 2004 Linewizard) = Sven-Ove Brattström

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna