ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: How to join Rötter  (läst 1141 gånger)

1999-11-08, 00:28
läst 1141 gånger

Carolyn Johnson Eccles

Could someone please tell me how I could join Swedish Federation of Genealogists(Rötter?). I live in the USA. What would be the benefits of joining? How can I join since I do not have Swedish Krona but USA dollars.
Also I know I found a section on new genealogy books that are available to buy but I can not find that section again. What is it under? I am interested in the book Kristdala that was mentioned in the Tuna Sn, Småland discussion group. I believe it was published in 1995.
Thanks.
Carolyn Johnson Eccles
San Leandro,California, USA

1999-11-08, 05:48
Svar #1

Nina Olds

Carolyn:
I don't know if this would interest you or not, or maybe you alreay know about this book, but there is a book at LDS(Mormon) bookstores called Cradled in Sweden. I have heard that a lot of Americans find it very useful. I can't remember how much it cost, but if you are interested I could look into it.
                     Regards, Nina Olds

1999-11-08, 05:48
Svar #2

Nina Olds

Carolyn:
I don't know if this would interest you or not, or maybe you alreay know about this book, but there is a book at LDS(Mormon) bookstores called Cradled in Sweden. I have heard that many Americans find it very useful. I can't remember how much it cost, but if you are interested I could look into it.
                     Regards, Nina Olds

1999-11-09, 03:07
Svar #3

Carolyn Johnson Eccles

Nina
Thanks but I have that book already. Excellant book.

1999-11-09, 08:51
Svar #4

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Carolyn,

Is this the section on genealogy books you mean:
http://www.genealogi.se/prislist.htm

Hans

1999-11-09, 23:27
Svar #5

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
Hi, I am an officer of the Federation, and I can give you some info about how to join us. The basic cost is 180 SEK, then we have to charge you 75 SEK extra for foreign postage, and then the bank charge is another SEK 75, making a total of SEK 330, and that or its eqvivalent in US funds can be mailed to us at our postal address, which is Sveriges Släktforskarförbund, Box 30222, S-104 25 Stockholm. As a member of the Federation you can also become a Rötter Vän for an extra 100 SEK, which gives the possibility to have an User account, which gives a few privileges.

For your basic fee you will recieve 5 issues of our Paper journal Släkthistoriskt Forum, two issues of Svenska Antavlor (member's Ahnentafels), discounts of book in our mail order catalog, and also a possibility to subscribe to our Yearbook at a low price. All publications are in Swedish.

The Kristdala book might be one of the books published by the Kristdala Hembygdsförening (local historical society) and if you publish a query further down the page under Småland - socknar - Kristdala, somebody might know if it is still available.

Hope this helps, otherwise you can e-mail us at genealog@genealogi.se

2002-01-26, 14:42
Svar #6

roald myrvoll

Hi,
I shöuld like to know the family of a man, leaving Norway for USA around 1915, and whom my mother was in love with before my father got her acceptance for marriage. His name was Henrik S. Henriksen, his först address was Joy Holt Co, Nebraska, USA, the second (written in my mothers diary), Box 272, Lyons, Nebraska, USA, the last was Box 621, Oakland, Nebraska, USA. My mother wrote: The august 15. 1917 he went to war for USA. I think he must have survived well because they exchanged letters up to april 1919 whwn my mother accepted to marry my father. Please help me search over there, I need only the forum with mail address to start with. Many thanks for your help.
Roald Myrvoll, Tröskvägen 108, 17552 Järfälla, Sweden.

2002-01-26, 15:00
Svar #7

roald myrvoll

Hej,
Kan någon hjälpa mig att hitta den socken i Jämtland där min stamfar Örjer Gregusson, f. ca 1625 kommer från. Hans far hette ju Gregus men mera vet jag inte, han kom till Rana, en kommun nästan på polcirkeln i Norge, till en plats Lien som då av folket döptes till Jamtlien. Hur hittar jag Örjer och hans far Gregus? Tacksam för hjälp att söka.
Roald Myrvoll, Tröskvägen 108, 17552 Järfälla

2002-01-27, 07:57
Svar #8

Utloggad Georg Hansson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 211
  • Senast inloggad: 2016-01-13, 21:48
    • Visa profil
    • hansson.just.nu
Denne person finns efterfrågad redan tidigare, se: Anbytarforum: Landskap: Jämtland: Efterlysningar: Örjan (Örje) Gregusson, f?dd 1625.
 Har du mera uppgifter om honom så skicka till den diskussionen.
Georg Hansson

2003-07-28, 20:21
Svar #9

Per Anker Johansen

jeg leter etter mine samiske røtter i arjeplogsdistriktet.anders larson (westermann) oppgir å være født 1782-ukjent fødested.han dør
på Strømnäs i arjeplog 5.01.1860.gift i 1830 i Arjeplog med sara elisabeth alstadius.deres eldste sønn olof er før til min farfars mor-johanna birgitta som emigrerte til norge.
petrus lestadius kaller anders før stor-anders larson.kirkebøkene kan ikke hjælpe oss ,men spørsmålet trenger et svar : hvor kom anders fra ?

2003-07-28, 22:18
Svar #10

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

Nu låg här lite felaktigt ett antal frågor som inte var på engelska ser jag..
-Ställ om din fråga som en efterlysning, antingen under Landskap: Lappland: Efterlysningar eller Anbytarforum: Etniska grupper: Samer (lappar) istället.

2003-07-30, 05:53
Svar #11

Kristina Brown

I have found a Henrik Henriksen in the 1930 US census with the following information:

Age on last birthday 37 years old
not married
living as a lodger  
he and his parents were born in Norway
he came to the US in 1915
it looks like he was an ironworker - however at the time of this census he was not employed
he is living on Second Place in Brooklyn, Kings New York
He is living in a building with other people from Norway:
Nick Paulson age 27
Olaf Thorp age 27
Peter Veland age 30
Under veteran (this would mean he had been in the war) it is blank.
This information is from WWW.Ancestry.com the 1930 US census.

Kristina Brown

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna