ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Karl Eriksson, born 1810-1840, probably from Jämtland.  (läst 1065 gånger)

2007-06-25, 22:26
läst 1065 gånger

Norwegian hobby-genealogist

Hello,
I am Norwegian but would prefer to get replies in English as I don't understand Swedish very well.  

I have a Swedish ancestor who I am trying to find out more about.

His name is Karl Eriksson, and he had an illegitimate child with a woman in Strinda near Trondheim in 1863. He was probably born between 1810 and 1840. He worked as a stenhugger (stonecutter?). I am not sure which part of Sweden he is from, but my guess is somewhere in Jämtlands län.
I can't find him in the Norwegian 1865 census, nor in any church records from the time period between 1850 and 1875.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can find more about this person? Or should I just give up? ;)

Thanks in advance!

2007-06-26, 16:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Hopefully you will find some sort of birthdate for this man since I'm sure you know that a birth date of probably 1810-1840 is not detailed enough for such a common name.  

It is not certain, of course, that someone who was a stone cutter in Norway was a stone cutter when he left Sweden.

I see this possibility on the Emibas CD, made from registrations in the Swedish parish to go to a foreign country. I would not feel comfortable saying he is yours on such a small amount of information but here is his information, just in case.

Post 948958

Eriksson Elingspers, Anders
Stenhuggare (unmarried man)

b. 5/19/1837 in Orsa, Kopparbergs län (Dalarna)

Emigrated 10/29/1877
from Kallmora 20 ?, Skattunge, Kopparbergs län (Dalarna)
to Norge

Source: Household Examination Roll, p. 153

Emibas migration file ID: Skattunge W 1877 002

Here is a paver with his family.

Post 697681

Karlsson Eriksson, Carl Petter
Stensättare (married man)

b. 6/3/1827 in Göteborgs domkyrkoförs, Göteborgs och Bohus län (Västergötland)

Emigrated 5/14/1855
from Göteborgs domkyrkoförs, Göteborgs och Bohus län (Västergötland)
to Oslo fylke, Norge

Source: Emibas migration file ID: Göteborgs domkyrkoförs O 1855 017

Un-normalized versions:

Parish of birth: Göteborg Domkyrko
Place of destination: Kristiania
Country of destination: Norge

Post 697682

Karlsson Flogren, Fredrika Charlotta
Hustru (married woman)

b. 8/8/1831

Emigrated 5/14/1855
to Oslo fylke, Norge

Source: Emibas migration file ID: Göteborgs domkyrkoförs O 1855 018

Un-normalized versions:

Post 697683

Karlsson, Maria Isabella
Flicka (unmarried woman)

b. 10/20/1854

Emigrated 5/14/1855
to Oslo fylke, Norge

Source: Emibas migration file ID: Göteborgs domkyrkoförs O 1855 019

Un-normalized versions:

I don't understand why you would consider giving up. We all have difficult people to research but as time goes on, we sometimes find some more clues, and records are becoming easier to find all the time. It is certainly a lot easier for me to do Swedish genealogy now than it was when I started in 2000 and most likely research will continue to become easier and easier as time goes by and more records go online or onto cds. I keep my problem people in mind even if I'm not actively working on finding them, and work on easier lines too. Every once in a while I find a new clue which motivates me to work on difficult people again, but I don't obsess over them. Genealogy is supposed to be fun and not constant misery, which it might become if we only work on one difficult person.

Assuming that this man was the father to an illegitimate child, aren't there court records or some other sort of records to investigate, in case he was fined or something like that?

Judy

2007-06-26, 16:49
Svar #2

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I looked again at your message and obviously the stenhuggare emigrated to Norway too late. Forget about him.

Judy

2007-06-26, 19:38
Svar #3

Norwegian hobby-genealogist

Judy,

Thank you for your reply!

I am trying to figure out his birthyear; I'm pretty sure his age is stated in his son's birth records, but unfortunately I can't quite figure out what it says (the church book is a bit unclear).
I found out that he was from Sweden from Nils' confirmation records, but it doesn't say any more about him either there or in Nils' marriage records.

Nils' mother was born in 1827, so I suppose I can narrow Karl's birth year range down to 1820-1830... But still, that's not nearly enough.

2007-06-27, 02:17
Svar #4

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
If you scan the record and post it here, perhaps someone can read the date. There are directions on how to post a photo of a record on this board.

http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/messages/11906/29511.html?1182891981

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna