ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Looking for suggestions finding living relative  (läst 751 gånger)

2008-05-23, 23:54
läst 751 gånger

Utloggad Steven Alves

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-01-11, 02:52
    • Visa profil
Hello everyone.  This is my first post here.  I'm looking for suggestions on how to find some living relatives.  As I see in the rules that we can only post queries on the deceased, I'll exclude the names.

I have an old letter which was written by a relative in Sweden, from back in 1981.  From the letter I have these facts on the author, her sister, and grandfather:
In Oct. 1981, she was 17 years old.  She had a 23 year old sister, who was expecting a child in February 1982.  I do not know if her sister used the same surname.  At the time, she was writing for her grandfather, who was in the hospital.  I believe his name was Herbert Hedström, and he was born in Sep. 1904.  I believe he was my grandfather's nephew.  I do not know when he died.  I have her old address in Timrå.

I can't believe that the post office would be able to forward anything for an address that old, so I'm sure writing to the old address would be fruitless.
I am aware of, and have used www.birthday.se, and the phone books eniro and hitta.  My problem is that she and her sister may be using a married surname, so I don't know if they still use their maiden surname.  Their given names are so common, that even trying to use birthday.se to narrow the search, there are too many hits searching for all women with their given names of their age.  Using birthday.se, I was able to find all women with their given/maiden surnames (10), who are of their age. There is only 1 woman of her age with her given name (different surname) in Timrå.  I have written letters to them, and I'm waiting for a reply, hoping to get lucky.
So my biggest concern is, if they now use a married surname, I have no idea where to go next.  
Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Steve

2008-05-24, 11:54
Svar #1

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 5383
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 14:38
    • Visa profil
Steve,
I sent you an e-mail on this.

//Bo Nordenfors

2008-05-24, 11:56
Svar #2

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
In the meantime, this is the death record on CD Swedish Death Index for Herbert Hedström.

19040925-7854

Hedström, Olof Herbert

Vinterv 7
861 00  Timrå

Dead 9/6/1982.

Registered (1976) in Timrå, Timrå kn (Västernorrlands län, Medelpad). Registered for taxation (1976) in the same parish.

Born 9/25/1904 in Timrå (Västernorrlands län, Medelpad).

Widower (11/9/1964).
--------------
Parish of birth in the records:
TIMRÅ (Västernorrland)

Source records:
RTB 82 / SPAR 90

2008-05-24, 12:41
Svar #3

Utloggad Bo Nordenfors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
I found your people and just sent you another e-mail...

//Bo Nordenfors

2008-05-25, 05:35
Svar #4

Utloggad Steven Alves

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 4
  • Senast inloggad: 2009-01-11, 02:52
    • Visa profil
Bo,
I sent you a reply.  Thanks again, that was a huge help.  For the benefit of others still learning like myself, here's how you found them:

1. Used the Swedish Death index to get data on the grandfather.
2. Used the 1970 Census records to get names and DOBs of those living with him.
3. Using the first names and DOBs, looked up current address and phone numbers using www.upplysning.se and Eniro.se

This is awesome!

Steve

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna