ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Martin Ney  (läst 1603 gånger)

2007-05-23, 19:19
läst 1603 gånger

Mary Beth Bearden

I seek information on Martin S. Ney.  Middle name may have been Seagreen.  I do not know where in Sweden he was from.  He may have married or been involved with Bentga Olosdotter.

Thanks,

Mary Beth

2007-05-23, 19:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
When was he born? There is a Carl Martin Ney born 27 March 1863 on the Emibas CD, but he may not be yours. (This one was born in Canada, left from Borås in Älvsborg county in Sweden, and was headed towards Great Britain.) Seagreen was probably Sjögren in Sweden, which sounds like a surname to me.  

I see a Karl Martin Fredrik Ney on the 1900 Swedish Census CD.

Record 62416

Ney, Karl Martin Fredrik
Bokhållare

b. 1859

Man, single

Kvarstående obefintliga åren 1892-1901 Gråberget 5/53
Katarina rote 13 (Stockholms stad, Uppland)

Kyrkobokföringsort: Tyska

The Söder CD for the city of Stockholm says he was born in Germany (Rostock). His birthdate was listed as 22 March 1859 on that cd and his name was spelled Carl Martin Fredrich Ney there.

Both cds have him on a page for the missing, so he apparently left without notifying the parish.

Try to give an indication of when your person was born. It is hard to help without dates.

Judy

2007-05-23, 21:34
Svar #2

Mary Beth Bearden

My Martin Ney was in the vicinity of Kagarp, Jangarod, Malmohus 1848 but have no idea if he was born there.  He was apparently involved with or knew a Bentga Olsdotter (sometimes found as Sjogren or Olsson).  Her parents were Ola Larsson Sjogren adn Kjerstina Nilsdotter (Nilsson).  It is question as to if Martin Ney was father of Nils Ney (born 1848), my great grandfather.  Swedish records lists Lars Christoffersson as father of Nils but Nils took the Ney name and Martin Ney is said to have been involved with him until Martin died - Nils would have been age 5 so Martin died around 1853.  I find it odd that a child and a child's mother would allow a child to take a name not of his biological father.  So I am trying out find out about this Martin Ney. I suspect he may have been the father.  Nils was sealed into the Per Torkelsson name say some - I do not know who that would be either.  Perhaps Bengta married Per Torkelsson?  I am so confused.  I just want to know who my family is.  Thanks,  Mary Beth  email:  aakede@bellsouth.net

2007-06-22, 18:31
Svar #3

ijfairchild

Dear Mary Beth,
I ran into your sister at the FHC and helped find the Ney in Fränninge.  I came home and looked at www.ancestry.com and found a Family Data sheet input some time back with the information on your ancestor being born in Långaröd parish, Malmöhus,Sweden.  I checked it out in www.genline.se and found on page 1304.24.75800 illegitimate child born 4 Feb 1848, baptized 13 Feb 1848, Nils.  Parents were maid Bengta Olsdotter and male servant Lars Christoffersson.  He was born in the village/farm of Kragarp. His mother was 22.  His god parents were Andreas Christoffersson and his wife Anna Nilsdotter. Nils Olsson and Elna Petersdotter.  This fits with your Grandfather's story of who he was.  I looked at the 1900 census in SanPete, Utah and found him under the name Neynils. According to that census he immigrated in 1875.  I wonder if he came under the auspices of the Mormon Immigration fund.  
If I can be of more help let me know

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna