ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Military database help needed  (läst 875 gånger)

2006-11-23, 19:35
läst 875 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
One of my ancestors was a soldier, but I do not have enough information to search for him in the DIS central soldiers register.  His name was Olof Persson, and he was born in 1772 in Skäggeberg in Sunne parish, (S) - which must mean Varmland.  Is it possible to find his soldier name so that I can search in the soldier database, or was this ancestor born too early to be listed?  Where would I go to find more information?

2006-11-24, 17:55
Svar #1

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Karen, do you have any entry in the Household Examination Rolls (Hfl) for your Olof Persson? If you track him down in the Hfl to the period when he was a soldier you will find information about his soldier name, the name of the soldier croft (soldattorp) and his soldier number. The name of the parish where his soldier croft was located will help you identify the regiment he served in.
If he was born in 1772 he might have been enrolled in the early 1790's and if his soldier croft were located in Värmland he most certainly was a soldier in the Närke-Värmland regiment. His soldier number would help you to determine which company he served in.
A very valuable source for the military researcher is Lieutenant Colonel Grill's work Statistiskt sammandrag af svenska indelningsverket I - IV (Statistical Digest of the Swedish Allotment System) from 1856. This is the best source to locate the unit a soldier served in.
Once you have the name of the regiment you can have a go at the General Muster Rolls (GMR) and of course with his soldier name, the Central Soldier Register.
Please have a look at Research of soldiers in Sweden for further information.
Hans

2006-11-24, 18:19
Svar #2

Utloggad Ulla Lundell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2348
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-18, 13:44
    • Visa profil
Hello Karen

I have found this register
Soldatregistret i Värmland
Värmlandsarkiv, Box 475
S-651 11 Karlstad
Sweden

varmlandsarkiv@telia.com

I looked for your soldier and I have found this
Per Olsson Skäggberg born 1730
Margit Jonsdotter born 1736
Chlidren Carin born 1760 Sunne
          August born 1768 Sunne
         Olof born 1772 Skäggeberg Sunne
          Ingeborg born 1775 the same place
          Jan born 1778 the same place  
          Nils born  1781 died 1788 the same place

I have foun this at genleine Sunne year 1776-1781 page 127. And the year 1785- 1789 page 139

I hope that this can help you

All the best  Ulla

2006-11-24, 23:18
Svar #3

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
Thanks to both of you, and I will use these ideas to carry on my research.  I am sure that you've found the family, Ulla, and now I can look deeper to continue the military part of the search.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna