ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Newly discovered forebear  (läst 607 gånger)

2008-01-09, 22:01
läst 607 gånger

Ron Bailey

Rudolph NINDBERG father of Charles Richard Rudolph BAILEY who was born in Sweden as a British Subject c 1844.

I have recently discovered that my great great grandfather was born in Sweden as a British Subject.  I have also discovered from his wedding certificate that his father was 'Rudolph NINDBERG'.   I do not know where in Sweden he was born, but Rudolph NINDBERG was a potter and my family traditions include many potters originating in the Potteries district of North Staffordshire, England.

My GGgrandfather, Charles Richard Rudolph BAILEY is the beginning  of my family name but I cannot trace things any further.  I presume that my GGGmother was named BAILEY but this is really only speculation.  My one route of further discovery would be to trace my GGGfather Rudolph NINDBERG; would there have been a birth certificate in this context?

Charles Richard Rudolph BAILEY was born c1844 in Sweden and does not seem to appear in English Censuses until 1871. This may mean he lived in Sweden until his early twenties.  I have no idea how I can pursue my research.  Can anyone give my any help?

(Meddelandet ändrat av ronbailey den 10 januari, 2008)

(Meddelandet ändrat av ronbailey den 10 januari, 2008)

2008-01-10, 18:25
Svar #1

Utloggad Thomas Aho

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 39
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-02-23, 11:24
    • Visa profil
Hi Ron,

One thing struck me reading your post. Nindberg is not a common Swedish name, actually
I do not find any living Nindberg in Sweden, using the Swedish directory service under
www.eniro.se.
Are you sure that the N is not some other letter, e.g. B, H, K, L or R?
Of the names Bindberg, Hindberg, Kindberg, Lindberg and Rindberg is Lindberg by far
the most common one.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna