ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Pehr Carlsson or NEY  (läst 503 gånger)

2007-05-26, 05:20
läst 503 gånger

Mary Beth Ney Bearden

Pehr Carllson married to Hanna Martensson. I do not know where they were born but know they had at least one child in Sweden.  I would like to know about this child called Martin Ney.  Martin  was born May 31, 1825 in Sweden (I do not know where) and died October 21, 1853 in Sweden.  He may have died in the Langarod, Malmohus area.   I am told Martin married or was involved with a Benghta Olson and had a son Nils Larson Sjogren Martin Ney.  Some say this is not true.  I wish to know if this is true.  Nils was my great grandfather - he died 1909 San Pete, Utah, USA.
Thanks,  Mary Beth

2007-05-26, 18:51
Svar #1

Utloggad Don Tuthill

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 381
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-09-24, 19:18
    • Visa profil
Hi Mary Beth,

How sure are you about the actual dates that you have posted for Mårten? I have found a Dragon Mårten (Persson) Ney born May 5, 1825 who was the son of Corparal Pehr (Carlsson) Ney born Aug 26 1795 and Hanna Mårtensdotter born Oct 17 1794.  
This Mårten Ney married Kjersti (Kerstin) Larsdotter born May 27, 1825, they were married on Dec 30, 1852. They did not have any children. This Mårten died Sept 24 1871 at no. 7 Wallarum, Fränninge, Malmöhus.

All the info I have found about this family was found in Fränninge parish, Malmöhus.

I have also found this Mårten's military record in The Central Soldiers Register, document number: SD-04-0057-1845.

If you think this family may be the one you are looking for, then I can try to help with finding siblings to Mårten.

Have a nice day!

Don

2007-05-28, 01:18
Svar #2

Mary Beth Bearden

Don,

Thank you for your quick response.  I shall try and give you, in some correct order what I know.  My grandfather is listed as Nils Larsson Sjogren Martin Seagreen Ney.  He died October 20, 1901 in Mt. Pleasant, San Pete, Utah and his gravesite is known.  My grandfather supplied this much information.  Nils is buried as Martin S. Ney and was born on or about February 4, 1848 in Sweden according to Grandpa's information.  It is said that my great grandfather was born out of wedlock.  Back further than that is all speculation (unknown). Every record shows the mother of Nils as Benghta, Bengta or Bendicta.  Last names of Nils mother have been found to show Olson, Olsson, Olasdotter, Olsdotter.   Records that have been sent me by others (of which I do not know if are correct) are as follows: Benghta is supposed to have these parents:  Ola Larson Sjogren and Kjerstina Nilsson. Records show her born in Hemmenekop, Langarod, Sweden 12 Nov 1825 and died 14 Nov 1894, married Per Torkelsson.  In records sent to me, Martin (Marten) Ney shown to be adoptive father of Nils (my great grandfatehr) with Martin's parents as Pehr Carlsson and Hanna Martensson. So I think you ahve the right Martin (Marten).  Records of Ola Larsson Sjogren (supposed parent of the correct Benghta) was found Langarod, O. Sallerup and Franninge.  Benghta is suppsoed to marry Prh Torkelsson and had a child named Nils Persson - so maybe there is some confusion as to which Nils belongs were?????  Others say Nils was born of Lars Kristophersson (Christophersson).  I find it strnge that my grandfather ended up carrying the Ney name when Torekelsson and Kristophersson were options IF Ney was not biological.  It is said by one that Rorkelsson was mean to Nils and so he wen to live with a neighbor, Martin Ney.  Is this possible and would the child take on that name?  Did the Marten you find have a child living with him?  Now you see my confusion.  How to prove???  If it helps the info I have on Pehr Carlsson is shown as born Jan 9, 1799 Strom, Jamtland, Sweden.  So now are you as confused as I am???

Also, I am so happy to do look ups in USA for you and others - I can do gravesite lookups/pictures and courthouse look ups - I am new to research but am gaining knowledge.  Thanks so much,  Mary Beth

2007-05-28, 04:11
Svar #3

Mary Beth Bearden

Don,
Correction:  Nils Larsson Sjogren Segeren Ney is my great grandfather.  My grandfather Glennis Franklin Ney told of his story of what he knew about his Dad Nils.  Mary Beth

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna