ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Question about Hjalmar Söderberg's story  (läst 670 gånger)

2007-09-12, 13:16
läst 670 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
When I visited Stockholm last month I was able to find a copy of Hjalmar Söderberg's short stories in translation. In the story Vox Populi, the narrator sits on a park bench on a warm summer day, near a sculpture that Söderberg calls Grandfather - which has a boy sleeping on his knee.  Two ugly old women pass by and get upset about the sculpture, and then their little dog begins barking.  Söderberg writes, As is well known, Grandfather is a highly indecent piece of sculpture... as he continues poking fun at the very moral Stockholm population.
   Where is this sculpture (or where was it) - if it had once stood somewhere in Stockholm?  Is it considered indecent today?
   Thanks!

2007-09-12, 13:55
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

It is the statue Farfadern by Per Hasselberg: http://www.explore.stockholm.se/default.asp?id=9768&lang=SE&bhcp=1

The indecency is better visible here: http://runeberg.org/svekon19/2/0475.html

// Bo Johansson

2007-09-12, 16:38
Svar #2

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
Thanks!  That explains the story more clearly.  I am sure that the readers of that story would have known what the author was talking about at the time it was printed in a newspaper.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna