ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Question regarding the term """"Pontoniere Bataljon""""  (läst 550 gånger)

2007-06-27, 17:00
läst 550 gånger

Eric Holmgren

I am trying to fill a gap in the life of Anders Johan Hägglund. Refer to GID 2734.432.26100. Anders is listed in the emigration record for Katarina as moving on March 27, 1869. I think the record indicates he was going to Pontoniere Bataljon, but am not sure. The next time I found Anders (GID 2698.416.41200) is when he, his wife, Johanna Åström, and her son, Carl Fredrik immigrated to Klara on November 15, 1877. I think the immigration record indicates they are coming from Pontoniere Bataljon, but am not sure. I have learned that the Pontoniere Bataljon were like the Corp of Engineers and built pontoon bridges for military use. Can you tell me more about this group and most especially, can you tell me what parish Anders was registered at from 1869 to 1877?

Thank you.

2007-06-27, 23:15
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
The Pontonier Battalion had their barracks on the island of Kungsholmen, but had their own separate church records. Those records are kept in the Stockholm City Archives (Stadsarkivet) and I am not sure if they have been microfilmed.

2007-06-28, 05:43
Svar #2

Eric Holmgren

Thank you for the quick response. Were the records for the Pontonier Battalion maintained by the military as opposed to the Kungsholmen church?  

Thank you.

2007-06-28, 09:48
Svar #3

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
No, we had at that time military congregations and the records were kept by the military chaplain.  

But the best thing is to contact the Stadsarkivet at
stadsarkivet@ssa.stockholm.se

2007-06-28, 14:36
Svar #4

Eric Holmgren

Thank you, Elisabeth. I have sent an email requesting information.  

Best regards

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna