ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Russian prisoner of war in Sweden in early 18th c.  (läst 741 gånger)

2009-08-02, 23:02
läst 741 gånger

Utloggad Harald Hille

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 60
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-01, 14:18
    • Visa profil
Hello Anbytarforum!
I believe this question could be of some general interest.  If it is out of place, please ignore it.  It has to do with foreigners baptized in Sweden, in particular Russians.  A Russian-born friend of mine is related to an illegitimate son of Ivan Ivanovich Betskoi (14/02/1704 - 9/11/1795), who was a highly placed civil servant under Catherine II of Russia.  Betskoi was born in Stockholm and was himself the illegitimate son of Ivan Yurevich Trubetskoi, a Russian general captured at the battle of Narva 1n 1700 and brought back by Charles XII to Sweden for 18 years.  While in Sweden, Trubetskoi (already married in Russia) had a liaison with a woman (possibly Baroness Wrede, Baroness Skarre or even a Polish noblewoman visiting Sweden) and Betskoi was born and baptized as Johan in Stockholm.  Around 1720 both Trubetskoi and Betskoi returned to Russia to fairly distinguished careers.  The name Betskoi arose from the Russian custom of giving recognized illegitimate children the father's family name minus the first syllable.  The fact that Betskoi was baptized Johan suggests that he was baptized in a Swedish church and there should be a record.  My question is which churches in Stockholm city were operating at that time?  The list of parishes in Genline under Stockholms län is very long and I'm not sure where to begin.  We're dealing with nobility here, although it must have been complicated since the child was illegitimate and at least one parent was a foreigner and non-Lutheran.
Thanks for any suggestions and guidance,
mvh,
Harald Hille
Riverside CT USA

2009-08-05, 18:34
Svar #1

Utloggad Anders Karlsson

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 653
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-02-01, 22:45
    • Visa profil
Hello,

Stockholms län is a large area around the city of Stockholm. Most parishes in Stockholms län were rural. Here are some parishes in the city of Stockholm:

Hedvig Eleonora, Jakob, Katarina, Klara, Maria Magdalena, Storkyrko, Tyska (S:ta Gertrud).

/Anders Karlsson

2009-08-10, 19:51
Svar #2

Utloggad Harald Hille

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 60
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-07-01, 14:18
    • Visa profil
Thanks, Anders, for your valuable help.  Riddarholmenskyrka is also quite old (has even 17th c. records), and how about Adolf Fredrik?
mvh
Harald Hille

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna