ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Stockholm addresses  (läst 678 gånger)

2007-02-28, 16:41
läst 678 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
I am confused about where my ancestors lived.  Perhaps someone who knows about the old area of Stockholm can help me.  In the letters written by Carolina Ahlgren Olsson, she refers to the clock in the church which was outside the nursery of their apartment.  From what I have reconstructed, they lived at 7 different addresses.  She writes about the church clock in letters from the 1904 - 1911 era, when they moved between Klara parish and Johannes parish.  I know that the postmarks from her letters in Dec 1907 and 1911 were from Malmskillnadsgatan #17.  Today that address is in the financial district of Stockholm, since that area of the city has been rebuilt.  Was that address near the Johannes parish church?  If not, perhaps it was near the Klara parish church?  Carolina talks frequently about having the clock outside the window of the house, and I'd like to include a recent photo of the church tower in my family history.  Also, I will be in Stockholm next summer, and I want to see those churches. Thanks!
   One more quick question - after the Olssons retired, they moved to Vendelsö.  Is that an area of Stockholm, or a town that is north?

2007-02-28, 17:05
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

Here is a map from   hitta.se showing Malmskillnadsgatan 17.

Klara church is 3 blocks SW of that address, Johannes church is 6 blocks N.

There is a Vendelsö in Haninge, south of Stockholm city.

// Bo Johansson

2007-02-28, 17:07
Svar #2

Utloggad Leif Olsson

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 31
  • Senast inloggad: 2021-01-16, 08:49
    • Visa profil
Hello, Karen
I can?t help you on the questions about Stockholm but I can tell you that Vendelsö is a small village, 1,5 swedish miles south of Stockholm in Österhaninge parish. Have a good day Leffe

2007-02-28, 17:11
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

For images do a Google images search on Klara kyrka and Johannes kyrka.

The churches are also in the Swedish wikipedia   Klara_kyrka and  Sankt_Johannes_kyrka,_Stockholm

// Bo Johansson

2007-02-28, 18:05
Svar #4

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
Thanks to both of you!

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna