ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Sven Henrik Åberg - headstones  (läst 1074 gånger)

2006-10-05, 19:51
läst 1074 gånger

Dean Oberg

I realize this is asking a lot, but I was wondering if anyone who lives near the location mentioned below might be able to locate the graves of my great, great grandparents and email a couple digital pictures of their headstones to me. Would be glad to reimburse any reasonable costs.

Names:
Sven Henrik Åberg - born: 1812 3/6, died: 1880 26/6
Lovisa Nilsdotter - born: 1814 31/8, died: ?(don't have death date, hoping she is next to Sven)

They lived in Getterum, Getgölen, Hjorted, Kalmar County, Småland. (Not sure if I have the town / parish names in the correct order.)

Their Home:
Also looking for their house that was called 'Nain', built in 1864 in the same town. Not sure what Nain means.

Thanks.

Dean

2006-10-11, 08:09
Svar #1

Dean Oberg

Lovisa Nilsdotter - born: 1814 31/8, died: 1875 23/11

2006-10-11, 18:30
Svar #2

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
Dean

I looked in the database Gravsten-Sök (on Rötter home page). The Hjorted church yard has been registered, but I could not find any Åberg. The grave may not be there anymore, in Sweden graves that are not kept up and paid for are deleted after a period of time. Are you sure that the grave you are looking for is still there?

2006-11-13, 21:26
Svar #3

Dean Oberg

Chris -

My cousin found a Kalmar Hjorted 1874-1879 household record that shows Sven Henrik Åberg.  That is the closest one to his death record that we have found.  It is quite possible that no one cared for the grave long after his death, although Sven's son Sven Erik Åberg and daughter Maria Lovisa Åberg appear to have stayed in Sweden. We know of a descendant of Sven Erik, Carl Anders Urban Åberg, but have been unable to contact him.

2006-11-14, 15:55
Svar #4

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
You may already have this:

According to the PLF CD of vital records in Kalmar County Sven Henrik Åberg died 20 june 1880 from tuberculosis, his age is given as 58 years 23 days, which does not fit with your data, this is a secondary source and may be wrongly transcribed. He is then a widower living at Uddetorp, Hjorted. Lovisa died 23 Nov 1875 in Getgölen, Hjorted from chest disease. Widower was grenadier Sven Henrik Åberg.
I believe graves are only kept up for 50 years, sometimes even less.

In 1890 Sven Erik is living in Vimmerby landsförsamling (country parish), Storebro Bruk and has 5 children, he is a smith. Maria Lovisa is married to a smith and has 3 children, she lives in Västra Ed parish, Edsbruk.

2006-11-28, 20:01
Svar #5

Dean Oberg

Chris -

Thanks for the additional data. I guess it appears that finding the graves/headstones is unlikely.

Is there anyway to trace their house (location, existence)? Their house was called 'Nain', built in 1864 somewhere in Hjorted. Do you know if Nain just an ordinary word or is there some other significance to the house having that name?

- Dean

2006-11-28, 20:42
Svar #6

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
In Västervikstidningen (Västervik newspaper) there was an article in 2003 about an old accordion player who lives in the house Nain (very non-Swedish name, probably from the Bible). Apparently it still exists, but is not modernized with modern utilities. Nain is, according to the article, one of the oldest houses in Getterum village. So, in all probability it is still standing, I suggest you write to: getterum(at)spray.se which is the local history organization and they can tell you more, I do not live in the area.

2006-11-29, 06:26
Svar #7

Dean Oberg

Chris,

Thanks! That's sounds pretty cool. I'll email them right away.

Dean

2006-11-29, 06:34
Svar #8

Dean Oberg

Chris,

Thanks! That sounds pretty cool.  I'll email them right away.

Dean

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna