ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish army rolls  (läst 907 gånger)

2011-02-09, 05:54
läst 907 gånger

Utloggad Albert Sandberg

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 16
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-31, 17:01
    • Visa profil
Is there a list of soldiers from the period of 1808 - 1815?
At some point, my ancestor, Johan Israelsson, 1790-1828, from Overboda, Vasterbottens changed his last name to Sparrman. As it is a soldier's name, I assume he would have entered the Swedish army when he was around 18 years old and was required to change his last name if there were alot of Israelssons in the army. I live in Canada and cannot access the records there.  I am hoping there is a record of the soldier's name changes in the Swedish army.  His grandchildren would have the name of Sandberg which I haven't figured out how that came about either.  It makes tracing my family history difficult not knowing if I'm on the right track or not with all the name changes.  Thank you.

2011-02-09, 07:35
Svar #1

Utloggad Marie Bråthen Birath

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 466
  • Senast inloggad: 2022-05-13, 19:25
    • Visa profil
Good morning Albert!

I searched in the Swedish rolls at The Central Soldier's register and found this file:

Filenumber: VJ-01-0067-1811
Sparrman, Johan  [Israelsson]  

Född:  1792  

Regemente:  Västerbottens fältjägarkår  
  Kompani:  LIV KOMPANIET  
  Socken:  Umeå  
  Rote:  Sörfors  

It says that there was a soldier namned Johan Sparrman and that his name before was Israelsson born in 1792, so this might be your ancerstor. (One always has to re-check the information in the files with the original files, such as for example the birthrecord)

One can order this complete file through this e-mailaddress:  

birgitte.gronlund@telia.com  

Or with regular mail: VÄSTERBOTTEN  SOLDATREGISTRET
Birgitte Grönlund
Åkroken 5
930 47  BYSKE

Good luck! Best regards from Marie

2011-02-09, 08:45
Svar #2

Utloggad Lars Skillius

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 777
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-10, 19:22
    • Visa profil
And if you want to know more about the Swedish Allotment system, naming practices and the life of the soldiers read the following excellent pages, please:
Hans Högman´s Swedish Military History

2011-02-09, 18:21
Svar #3

Utloggad Albert Sandberg

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 16
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-05-31, 17:01
    • Visa profil
Thank you Marie and Lars!
Your information is very much appreciated.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna