ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Travel to Uppland area question  (läst 995 gånger)

2007-08-15, 14:05
läst 995 gånger

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
We will be flying to Stockholm on Sunday, and after we see that city we will rent a car and try to see the parishes where my husband's Källström (changed to Kelsey) family came from:
Lundby, Tillinge parish
Torstuna parish
Syllby, Österunda parish
I found Österunda and Torstuna our large map, but I cannot identify Lundby, Tillinge parish.  Any ideas?  Also, will these rural parishes be difficult to locate, since they are on roads that have no names on our maps?
  The Källströms were followers of Erik Jansson, and emigrated (1846) to the United States to find religious freedom.  The parents died of Asiatic cholera not long after their arrival, but the four children who emigrated did not contract that disease and were successful.  The Källstrom family had four other children who stayed in Sweden, but we have been unable to trace their descendents.  We want to see the parishes where they lived.

2007-08-15, 15:24
Svar #1

Utloggad Chris Bingefors

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11832
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-28, 15:20
    • Visa profil
Karen,

Try Google maps, they are usually more detailed. When you get to Sweden you can easily buy a detailed map of the area with all the roads. You can also search on http://www2.lantmateriet.se/ksos/index.html. Old farms can be difficult to find since some areas have now been urbanized. Tillinge is near Enköping. I don?t think you will have any problems locating the places after you have found the parish church. You should visit the Bishop Hill Museum run by the local history association (lagundahembygdsfor(at)telia.com).
Some of my own relatives come from that area (Torstuna) and they emigrated for religious reasons. Others in my family went with the Jansson movement. I have not been able to trace them.

2007-08-15, 17:31
Svar #2

Utloggad Lena-Maria Jansson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 127
  • Senast inloggad: 2008-06-17, 11:27
    • Visa profil
It should still be open, it is closed in winter time, but here are the phonenumber in case it is not. 0171-412005 I am shour they woulde love to see you.
Lena-Maria

2007-08-15, 21:44
Svar #3

Bo Johansson

Two Swedish map sites are  www.hitta.se/ and  kartor.eniro.se/  

This seems to be Tillinge church  hitta.se map or  eniro map  

And a place called  Tillinge-Lundby  

// Bo Johansson

2007-08-15, 22:23
Svar #4

Utloggad Karen Kelsey

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 354
  • Senast inloggad: 2010-11-29, 20:15
    • Visa profil
Thanks to all of you!  I am sure that we'll have a great time.  And yes, Chris, I plan to visit the Bishop Hill museum this September.  I know that the four Källström children did not live at Bishop Hill, but moved nearby after their parents' death.  They were helped by other immigrants from their home parish in Sweden.  The parents had intended to go to Bishop Hill, but they stayed in Chicago due to an argument with the Janssonist leader of their group.  Many at Biship Hill died of Asiatic cholera, and so did the Källström parents, even though they lived in Chicago.  However, someone did enter the Kelsey family into the Bishop Hill database, although we can find no evidence that they lived in the settlement.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna