ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 33 Sudoviks Zetan, Stockholm  (läst 933 gånger)

2002-09-25, 03:12
läst 933 gånger

Jim Bayard

I just found out that my great grandfather's brother's address was 33 Sudoviks Zetan, Stockholm in 1892.  Does anyone know where this is, or what parish it is in?

His brother's name, at least on US military records, was Axel Bayerd.

Previously, I had posted for my great grandfather, Otto William Bayerd, under Emigrants, but now it appears that I have an address for his family.

Thank you for your assistance.

2002-09-25, 07:21
Svar #1

Utloggad Siv Malmgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 140
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-07, 17:55
    • Visa profil
I can't find anything close to what you have written when I looked in the book Stockholms gatunamn (names of the street in Stockholm)
If you have it written on a letter perhaps you can scan the text and send it to us or directly to me.

2002-09-25, 07:39
Svar #2

Peter Karlsson / anbytarvärd (Peter)

It must be Söderviksgatan 33 or something like that.
-By the way, I saw it was a lot of different discussions started, all about this name Bayerd.. I will try to put some of them together and so on; it's not so good with a lot of discussions/questions about the same item..

2002-09-25, 20:16
Svar #3

Pia Muller

Just wondering if the street possibly could be Studsviksgatan, if it exists?  That was the first name that came to my mind when I looked at it.
Pia

2002-09-25, 22:19
Svar #4

Utloggad Stig Geber

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1302
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-02-22, 17:51
    • Visa profil
Jim,

there could be many guesses about this name, but I think the best thing would be if you could scan the address and enclose it.

Do you have any birth date for Axel?

I would be interested to se what origin you have found for Otto William.

2002-09-26, 03:54
Svar #5

Jim Bayard

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their assistance.  Secondly, I want to apologize if I should not have posted a separate message relating to the address.  I had posted for Otto William Bayerd before, and since this was his brother, maybe I should have posted their.  I hope that this was not wrong, but if it was, please know that it was not intentional.

Based on what little I know, it sounds like Söderviksgatan and Studsviksgatan are real possibilities.  I imagine the street names have changed much, since the 1890's, but I am hoping to find out whether such a street existed.  A friend had suggested asking the Swedish Post Office.

I did not expect to find my great grandpa's brother's name or address in Sweden.  I am hoping that this may lead me to my great grandpa's parish and parents' names.

I believe that Axel (Axil) Bayerd left Stockholm for America between October 1892 and 1895.  I believe that his birthdate was September 1876 (1900 US Census), and after 1901, when he his post office address was Brooklyn, New York, he disappeared.

2005-02-04, 02:50
Svar #6

Jim Bayard

I am wondering if someone can give me an opinion based on their knowledge of Stockholm geography.  Is it possible that Sudoviks Zetan as mentioned in the discussion could be Oviksgatan or South Oviks Street.  There appears to be an Oviksgatan in Vällingby, and I am wondering what parish this would be in and whether the street existed in 1892.  Thank you in advance for your help.

2005-02-04, 09:59
Svar #7

Utloggad Anna-Carin Betzén

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1112
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-10-28, 20:07
    • Visa profil
    • www.btz.se
Jim, I don't know about Oviksgatan in particular, but most of Vällingby was built in the 1950's. Vällingby is in Spånga parish.

Where did you find the address - or in particular, do you have access to the address as it was written by someone who knew Swedish, or is it a later transcription made by an non-Swede? If you've only got the transcription, we can only guess at different names, but otherwise a scan of the text would help a lot, like Siv said above.

Many streets in Stockholm have changed names over the years, so it may very well be that the street no longer exists under this name. But then I guess Siv would have found it in her book of streen names.

2005-02-04, 19:39
Svar #8

Utloggad Siv Malmgren

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 140
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-07, 17:55
    • Visa profil
Anna-Carin is right about the age of the street Oviksgatan in Vällinby. Due to my book this street was built in 1951. I also made a search for the street at the site for Stockholm city archive. Here its possibly to search for the streets that appear in Stockholm between 1878 -1926. I wrote %viksgatan and found two possibly streets. Danviksgatan and Skinnarviksgatan.
http://www.ssa.stockholm.se/forskarsalen/Aspdb/rotemansarkivet/allagat.asp

2005-02-04, 22:33
Svar #9

Utloggad Kristina Gunnarsdotter

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 6194
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-21, 11:59
    • Visa profil
Could it be S:t Eriksgatan, Kungsholm parish in Stockholm? One of the longest streets in Stockholm, from the 1880:s and still existing.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna