ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Interpreting Landsarkivet Form  (läst 1076 gånger)

2000-04-11, 05:53
läst 1076 gånger

Barry Ostrom

In response to a request to obtain two birth certificates, one for my grandmother and one for my great grandfather who I located in the 1890 census, I received the following document from the Landsarkivet I Härnösand which reads as follows:

Handläggning av förfrågningar hos Landsarkivet

Med anledning av Ert brev som inkom 2000-04-01 fär vi meddela att svaret på   Er förfrågan är avgiftsbelagd.

Minimiagiften är 180 kr och avser framtagande av ett fåtal uppgifter inom en   rekommenderad tidsram av 30 minuter.  Om ni vill ha større forskningen utförd   är avgiften 180 kr per Påborjad halvtimme.  Avgiften för forskningen faktureras   tillsammans med svaret eller kan i vissa fall tas ut per postförskott (om summan   överstiger 500 kr).

Ni bör meddela oss den maximala summa Ni vill betala för forskningen på   svarstaongen.

Vid ev. önskemål om kopiering tillkommer en kostnad av 4 kr/kopia.

Uppgifter kan också lamnas ut kostnadsfritt vid egen forskning i landsarkivets   forskarsal, adress, tel. nr och tider för öppethållande enligt sidan 2.

Landsakivet bevakar ärendet en månad.  Om vi inte har hört av Er under den   tiden avslutas årendet.

Landsarkivarien

Klipp Här----------------------------------------------------------------------

Till Landsarkivet i Härnösand

Jag önskar få forskning Dnr:  HLA 63-2000/02227 utförd enl nedan

Forskning för maximalt kr___________faktureras mig tillsammans med svaret

I think it is telling me to pay 180 kronor per birth certificate (search) which translates to about $21 (U.S. dollars) per certificate or $42 total with a maximum to be expended of 500 kronor or about $58 (U.S. dollars) or whatever maximum I desire.  I am not clear if I clip off the coupon and remit $42 and state the maximum amount or wait till I receive the documents.  I have assumed that for copying, a birth certificate is only one page.  That amounts to about 8 kronor in addition.  Could someone advise me what the document is telling me.

2000-04-11, 10:20
Svar #1

Utloggad Ulla Kristoffersen

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 279
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-01-21, 15:57
    • Visa profil
Barry,
I suppose you wrote your request in English, and of course you should have had a reply in the same language. It is too easy to send you a form in Swedish.
I will give you a resume of the form.  

The minimum charge is 180 SEK for a few informations of less than 30 minutes. If you desire a larger investigation, the price is 180 SEK for each additional 30 minutes.  The bill will be sent you together with the results or you ( in the case the amount is larger than 500 kr) will have to pay at your postoffice as you collect the results.  If you want copies, the charge is 4 kronor per copy.
They will keep your request for a month.  If you have not replied in that time they will close the case.

You just fill in the maximum amount and clip off the coupon. Do not pay anything now.  In your case of requesting two birth certificates you should not pay more than for the first half hour + two copies = 188 kronor. If I were you, I would ask them to give you any additional information they can fit in within that first half hour. It should only take them a few minutes to find the birthrecords!

I do think, though, that you should not ask for a birth certificate.  What you need is a copy of the entry in the church-records for births. That will give you the birthdate, date of christening, name of child, name of parents and names of witnesses to the christening (who often could be aunts and uncles of the child).

Good luck!
Best regards
Ulla Kristoffersen

2000-04-11, 19:05
Svar #2

Utloggad Tord Påhlman

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 2085
  • Senast inloggad: 2017-11-13, 21:51
    • Visa profil
Barry,  
To avoid misunderstandings, I really think you should demand an answer in English. Swedish governmental bodies are obliged to reply in a language you could understand. Regarding birth certificate as a legal document I think we do not use that very document in Sweden. What you can get from Landsarkivet (for a deceased person) is an extract from the civic records. If the person is still alive, the civic records are kept by Skattemyndigheten.

2000-04-12, 00:36
Svar #3

Barry Ostrom

Thank you Ulla and Tord.  This is all new to me.  In the U.S. the birth certificate is useful because it states the parents names, where they are from, and a witness besides the birthdate of the person for which it was issued.  Unfortunately, in my father's case, no birth certificate was ever issued which was all to common in the early 1900s.It does sound to me that a copy of the entry in the church records would have more information.  I shall also ask for replies in english.  I also like the idea of obtaining additional information if they come across it in the records-that makes a lot of sense.  Thanks again.

2000-04-12, 13:59
Svar #4

Utloggad Bibi Gustafson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 213
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-03-01, 22:30
    • Visa profil
Barry,
The info given to you by Landsarkivet was quite meager. The mentioning that costs above 500 crowns would be sent c.o.d. confused me. This is very costly and cumbersome to do towards the U.S. Anyhow, I just talked to a nice lady at Landsarkivet in Härnösand. They charge 90 crowns for each 15 minutes. You receive an excerpt of what they find in for instance the birth records (translated to English). This is mailed to you with a bill. The bill is paid either by transfering the amount to Landsarkivet's bank account via Swift or you send them a cashier's check issued in their name (no personal checks are accepted). As I suppose you have the birth dates and places for both your grandmother and great grandfather they should find the info quite easily. I would also ask for excerpts from the husforhorslangd - this would give you extra info such as siblings etc. If you have the date they emigrated to the U.S. you should also ask for an excerpt of the husforhorslangd from that time period. You can e-mail your request. Their address is landsarkivet@landsarkivet-harnosand.ra.se
Best regards,
Bibi

2000-04-18, 08:28
Svar #5

Barry Ostrom

Thank you Bibi, but what is husforhorslangd?

Barry

2000-04-18, 08:49
Svar #6

Hasse Högman

2000-05-10, 06:18
Svar #7

Barry Ostrom

Thank you Hasse for this site.  Now if I request data from the husforhorslangd through a landsarkivet such as the one at Östersund and data from the Family History Library as in a clerical survey, would I be requesting the same data in both cases?  I suppose it is prudent to request from both sources, but if over a period of time the data is always the same then it would be foolish of me to do so.  Has anyone had any experience with documenting genealogical data from the two sources?

2000-05-10, 10:12
Svar #8

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 519
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-10-27, 09:40
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Hi Barry,

The Household Examination Rolls or clerical survey are the same thing, Husförhörslängd.
You would find the same information independent were you get the husförhörslängd, that is from SVAR or the Family History Center.
In Sweden you turn to SVAR, a subdivision of Riksarkivet (The National Archive).

SVAR keep microfiche copies of most of the different types of records that are kept in the National Archive, the Provincial archives and the War archive. The microfiche are copies of the original records. The microfiche can be ordered from SVAR (as a loan or a purchase).  
http://www.svar.ra.se/

The Family History Library and Centers has microfilmed Swedish church records up to 1920.  
But it is the same copies that you would get from SVAR. See also Familyseasch: http://www.familysearch.org/

Other sources in the US:
The Swanson Swedish Immigration Research Center at Augustana Collage, IL,
sells microform copies of the Swedish church records. http://www.augustana.edu/administration/swenson/

The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (Chicago, IL), ELCA, has microfilm of most Swedish immigrant church records in the U.S. The microfilm is available through Augustana Collage. http://elca.org/os/archives/intro.html  

Hasse

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna