ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Need more help with reading a record  (läst 1046 gånger)

2005-03-21, 23:08
läst 1046 gånger

Joyce Philpot

Elisabeth and Lotta:
Thanks. I saw an earlier notation that she was listed as very poor. I also translated that she had several illegitimate children. The only one I have a reference for is my ggrandfather, Adolph Walfrid Ullstam.

2005-03-26, 02:09
Svar #1

Joyce Philpot

Olle-Lotta-Elisabeth:
I have 2 more pages I can't read. GID:340.55.37900 line 8. There is a notation and a reference to K.O.. I have seen this before, but the abbreviation isn't listed in the resources dictionary.GID:340.55.3800 Line 14 also has a notation. I can't decipher line 4 either. The top of page 1176 is partially hidden, but it appears to be some sort of accounting or register by year. With your help, I'm learning a lot more.

Thanks,

Joyce

2005-03-26, 09:01
Svar #2

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1081
  • Senast inloggad: 2019-03-22, 19:32
    • Visa profil
Joyce!

The first issue - my try:

bor hos sin son i h. 29 K.O.
is living at his son i house 29 K.O. the initials of the commentator.

The second 340.55.3800 does not pop-up. Did you input the correct index?

Happy easter!

2005-03-26, 14:16
Svar #3

Lotta Nordin (Lotta)

Hi Joyce!

The first notation says:
bor hos sin son N 24 K O
That means that she lives with her son in number 24 Kanal Området (Göta Kanal area). Unfortunately that page is missing. But in the next roll, AI:42 page 932 number 24, there is a notation about Ullstam. In AI:43 page 176 you find Ullstam with his family. And in AI:42 page 1176 the notation for Anna Greta is lär bo å K.O., wich means that she (probably) lives in Kanal Området.

regards  
Lotta

2005-03-26, 17:11
Svar #4

Joyce Philpot

Olle and Lotta:
Thanks so much.
Olle you are correct. I missed a zero. It's 340.55.38000. I have never been able to find a record that shows Cajsa with Adolph's family.

Joyce

2005-07-11, 18:54
Svar #5

Joyce Philpot

Ollie:  
I have a birth record for Carin Pehrsdotter GID;1560.19.13000. DOB is 17Jan1746. I can read the mother's name very clearly, but I'm not sure about the father. I would appreciate your help.Just another general question for you. In some birth records there are gaps in the years.Would this be simply not recording the births or is it possible there were no births in those years?
Regards,  

Joyce

2005-07-11, 21:00
Svar #6

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Joyce - please give more information about which part of the page you refer to - including the mother's name. Cannot find it.

There can be gaps in some church books - I know some were lost or damaged in fires together with the church. It is really fantastic how many books have survived.  There is an official site with information (in swedish) about this.  
http://www.rsv.se/folkbokforing/forsamlingar/
If you want I can translate some of the words like brandskadade = damaged by fire; lucka=gap

As you already may know most books are now transferred from the different parishes to archives and the general public has no direct access to the originals.

Regards

2005-07-11, 22:21
Svar #7

Joyce Philpot

Ollie:
It is the third birth on the page. Mother is Maria Johnsdotter.
There was no notation regarding damaged pages.Unfortunately, one birth I was searching for was in the missing years.

Thanks,
Joyce

2005-07-11, 23:57
Svar #8

Utloggad Olle Andersson

• Anbytare *****
    • Visa profil
Joyce !

Still struggling here...
The birth place evidently is Stora Höghult
Looks like Isak Swensson - his brother is one of the witnesses, the next row Anders ....same surname.
Trying to locate the family in the household records is difficult due to the vague? ink.

Do you have the nice examples of different handwriting from 1650 onwards? If not I can send by e-mail.

Olle

2005-07-12, 01:03
Svar #9

Joyce Philpot

Thanks Olle:
I thought the name was Swensson or Svensson. I have some examples of handwriting, but I can use all the help you can give me.

Joyce

2005-07-12, 09:38
Svar #10

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
d. 17 föddes och d. 19 therpå döptes ett barn från Stora Hög-
hult wid namn Karin. Fadren Pehr Swensson, modren Maria
Jonsdotter. Testes Anders Swensson dr Jonas Johansson(?) hustru Sara  
Johansdotter från Lilla Höghult hustru Stina Ericsdotter i Stora Höghult  
Pf Britta Andersdotter(?), pig Margeta Håkansdotter

2005-07-14, 01:34
Svar #11

Joyce Philpot

Elisabeth:

Thank you. I still have trouble reading some of the handwriting. I'm sure when I go back and take another look, it will be very clear and I will wonder why I couldn't see it.

Regards,
Joyce

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna