ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Swedish to English translation please  (läst 694 gånger)

2005-02-07, 19:06
läst 694 gånger

Natalie Hanson

What is the meaning of Han avled i en tagolycka i Minneapolis 1931 i den tiden han levde med sin syster Elsa, anka med 2 dottrar. Tva foton pa Alfred finns. I tried without success to add the circle above the a in tagolycka tva and pa.  Also couldn't get the 2 dots above the a in anka and the o in dottrar.  I used ALT 0229 and ALT 0228 and ALT 0246

2005-02-07, 19:36
Svar #1

Utloggad Rolf Ny

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 421
  • Senast inloggad: 2013-11-20, 15:44
    • Visa profil
He died in a train accident in M.polis 1931. At the time he lived with his sister Elsa, widow with two daughters. Thera are two photos avaible on Alfred.

Regards Rolf

2005-02-07, 23:14
Svar #2

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Natalie,

Are you using the numbers at the side? If you use the numbers above the letters, the ALT codes won't work. You also need to press the ALT key and not let it go until you have typed in the numbers. Then release the ALT key and the letters form. I think the number lock has to be on (but maybe it has to be off. Just experiment if this doesn't work with the number lock on.)

You can set up Windows computers to make the Swedish letters. Look at this site, which tells different ways to make the Swedish letters.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/Fact/facLangAlpha.htm

Judy

2005-02-07, 23:22
Svar #3

Natalie Hanson

Thanks to all of you.  I was using the numbers above the letters, not at the side.  I have been looking up words in a Swedish-English dictionary, but I couldn't find avled and some of the other words.  I appreciate your help.  Natalie

2005-02-08, 02:06
Svar #4

Utloggad Judy Olson Baouab

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 1355
  • Senast inloggad: 2015-07-14, 18:26
    • Visa profil
Natalie,

Try using the wonderful glossaries on the SweGGate site. They have more of the old words found in the documents we are trying to read.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~swewgw/

Click on Dictionary on the home page and you will find a glossary page developed by the webmaster, plus links to more of his glossary pages and links to glossary pages developed by others.

Judy

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna