ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Tösse/Tydje records - Help translating  (läst 1254 gånger)

2012-08-26, 16:13
läst 1254 gånger

Utloggad Mary Upgren Strand

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 30
  • Senast inloggad: 2012-10-08, 16:24
    • Visa profil
I need your help translating some records for Eric Jansson.  

1. Birth record for Eric Jansson (Johansson) :Animskog C:1 (1711-1737) Image 81 Pg 155. Born 4 June  1737 in Listetorp,  Ånimskog. What are his parent’s names?

2. Household record: Tydje AI:1 (1773-1781) image 112/Page 104.
Erik is living in Torpane with:
Wife Margreta (1743)
Dot. Stina (1774)
Dot. Maria Lisa (1776)
Dot. Cajsa (1779)
What is written before Erik’s name?

4. Death record: Tydje AI:1 (1773-1781) image 112/Page 104. Erik dies 20 Oct  1794.
Does the record state that he is an inn keeper in Torpane?

5. Widow Margreta moves with her living children to Backen : Tösse AI:4  (1792-1797) Image 86 Pg 80.  
What is written above Margreta’s name and then crossed out? Something about  1/8 inn keeper Eric Johansson of Torpane......?

7. Eric Johansson’s estate inventory: Tössbo Härradsrätt FII:12(1791-1796) Image 415/ Page 825.  
On page 839 it lists a 1/8 Mantal......Backen. Could this be the same property that his wife and children live on in Backen?
Also I found this estate inventory document different than others. It follows the same format as most and then it seems to repeat but with different property. If Erik was an Innkeeper, could this document be showing his personal inventory and then the inventory of his inn keeping business?  

Eric’s occupation? Farmer and innkeeper in Torpane?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me,
Mary

2012-08-28, 21:15
Svar #1

Utloggad Christer Johansson

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 8
  • Senast inloggad: 2014-07-05, 19:07
    • Visa profil
Just happened to see that no one helped You so far. I'll give it a try.

1. The parents names are Gulbrand Persson and Karin Gullbrandsdotter

2. Giästg. short for giästgifvare (gästgivare) translated to inn keeper.

3. Looks like it's missing above ;-)

4. From what I can read the text goes like this; Torpane Gästgifvaren gifta man Erik Jansson död den 20  
   octobris nedstupad i en Elf wid Nygårdsqvarn, befrafven d.2 Novembris af Pastore. et (aetas) 57 år  
   gammal. Translated; Torpane The Inn keeper married man Erik Jansson died october 20 (after) falling  
   down in a stream by Nygårdsqvarn, buried november 2 by the reverend. Aged 57 years.

5. If I read it right it goes; Brukas af Gästgifvaren Erik Johanss. i Torpane hvilken med sig H. och B. i  
   Tydje Catech. längd. Translated; Used (farmed?) by the inn keeper Erik Johanss. in Torpane who  
   together with (his) wife and children (are) in household record in Tydje.

6. Also missing ;-)

7. Not sure about the text and I will not try to translate it completely. But from what I guess it's  
   different from the estate described in the beginning. It looks (to me) that he owned two estates in  
   Backen, because the purchase notes are different (1768 and 1757). To me this indicates he had bought  
   two estates. But, since I'm not that used reading inventories, I could be wrong.

Hope You have use for this.

Kind regards

Christer Johansson, Gävle

2012-08-28, 22:39
Svar #2

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Thank You Christer!

You have helped me fill in the blanks. I do appreciate that you took the time to look into this.

Thanks again and have a good day,
Mary

2012-08-29, 12:45
Svar #3

Utloggad Anders Klarbring

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 234
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 19:04
  • Anders Klarbring
    • Visa profil
    • Genealogi i Åmål med omnejd
I happened to see this discussion more or less by chance but reacted on the fact that it is very unlikely that the parents of Erik Jansson are Gulbrand Persson and Karin Gullbrandsdotter, If it were so Erik's second name would be Gullbrandsson! However, Christer is certainly right: Gulbrand Persson and Karin Gullbrandsdotter are listed as parents on the page Mary refers to. The conclusion must therefore be that this is not the correct birth record.

2012-08-29, 15:23
Svar #4

• Anbytare **
    • Visa profil
Oh yes, now I see my mistake.
I was not at all certain that this was the correct birth record, and that is why I asked for clarification of the parent’s names.
I have now gone through all my notes to see where I went wrong.

Records I have found for Eric to find clues as to his birth are:
Household record: Tydje AI:1 (1773-1781) image 112/Page 104, and lists only his birth year as 1737.
Household record: Tydje AI:2 (1781-1790) image 73/Page 66, gives year of 1737 and born in Ånimskog.
Marriage record: Tösse C:3 (1715-1781) image 87/163.  What I got from this record is that he married Margareta Larsdotter from Backen and paid a “morning gift” of 100?? (can’t read the rest.)

I paged through the Ånimskog birth records looking for an Eric born around 1737 and with a father’s name of Jan or Johan etc. . I found a few Erics but the father’s names were not right. I asked about this record because I could not make out the names.

Any ideas to where I could look further? Maybe I missed some clues....this would not be the first time!.  (smile)  

Thanks for all of your help.
Mary

2012-08-29, 15:59
Svar #5

Utloggad Anders Klarbring

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 234
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-03-27, 19:04
  • Anders Klarbring
    • Visa profil
    • Genealogi i Åmål med omnejd
There is a good chance that your Erik can be found on this household record:

Ånimskog AI:3 (1747-1751) Bild 17 / sid 12

If he is followed forward in Salebol, Ånimskog, it says on this page

Ånimskog AI:5 (1762-1767) Bild 24 / sid 39

that he has moved to Torpane, and from what I gather that is where you then find him?

From the Disbyt page that gave me the idea where to look it seems his birth record has not been found.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna