ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: 6th kompani Göta Livgardet group photo?  (läst 805 gånger)

2013-05-12, 18:40
läst 805 gånger

Utloggad Terri Smith-Weller

• Anbytare *
  • Antal inlägg: 3
  • Senast inloggad: 2018-11-17, 07:48
    • Visa profil
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/s2w8899hfy6o89b/W8_FSFe3Cj

This photo is in an album in the possession of a cousin in Calgary, Alberta but originally belonged to her father, my morfar's brother. I believe his father, Carl August Persson (f. 11 June 1863 Julita, emigrated to Canada 1893, d. 1940) would be in this photo but I have no idea which person he would be.  

This is what I know about Carl August's military service. My mother said her grandfather was very straight because he'd been a guard at the palace. My cousin in Sweden did some research and said the following: “10 December 1885 he joined the Göta Livgarde in Stockholm, 6th kompani soldier. 10 July 1889 he left his work as a guardsman with the Göta Livgarde.” This appears to be based only on his entering and leaving Göta Livgardet parish records.  

There are quite a variety of uniforms in this photo, but yet the composition of the photo would lead me to think they were all from one group with the officers in front. With the mix of uniforms could it be that there was a group that had their basic training together but were destined for or went to a variety of different units once trained?  

I would love to hear opinions about the various uniforms in this group and where the photo might have been taken.

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna