ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Båtsman i Göteborgs Amiralitetsvarvsförsamling - need look up please  (läst 428 gånger)

2004-10-04, 03:20
läst 428 gånger

Donna Johnson

I am looking for a soldier in the Göteborg eskaders, Daniel Ros/Roos. I am hoping that someone could try looking him up here for me. He was in the military until March 1806 in Göteborg.  
I have many many postings on Daniel Roos & am hoping that I have finally found the right place for him to be found.

Daniel was born on May 14, 1774 in either Skaraborg or Bohusland. I have been trying to find out exactly where he was born & have had no luck thus far.  

If anyone has GenLine, or access to the records in Göteborg, I would appreciate a look up for Daniel. I have tried so many places such as Yerken...soldat, Göteborg Eskaders & various others & am at the end of my hopes on finding him.  

If you look under the Göteborg eskaders for Daniel Roos, you  can find more of his military data there, like rote nr. 54 & etc. or you could just email me for more data.  

Daniel was in the military for 11 years prior to his retiring that post in March 1806. So, he should be found someplace there.

Thank you for any data you can find for me.

Donna Johnson

2005-04-29, 21:42
Svar #1

Donna Johnson

Update on Daniel Roos. I have found Daniel on the 2 following GenLine pages: GID 888.2.16700 and GID 888.9.115800.

The first one is him leaving Göteborg on Feb. 28, 1794. His name is written as Roos Daniel Magnusson. (Now I know his real last name!). I cannot quite make out all of the words, but it looks as if he was going to Falkoping.  

The second page is from the Communion book and the date is Jan. 18, 1794. I did look before & after & did not find him. There is a word in front of his name that I cannot make out.  
  I am wondering if the word in front of his name or perhaps the soldiers he was with may lead to yet another place that I can find him. I am wondering why he did not have his soldier rote # 54 in front of his name?  

Any information that you can tell me would be greatly appreciated! If you can figure out from his leaving where he was before he left, maybe I could find him there? I found the immigration emigration books a little confusing there. Any tips ideas & etc are welcome!

Thank you,
Donna Johnson

2005-04-30, 09:14
Svar #2

Utloggad Britt Börjesson

• Anbytare ***
  • Antal inlägg: 396
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-08-30, 20:33
    • Visa profil
Hej Donna,
I am not quite sure about this - the line over this note makes it even harder to read - but I read it as ”Roos Daniel Magnusson (something) fr Falköping til Nr 4 Oförl”.

The line over this note in ”Utflyttade” would I interpret as that he did not move out after all.  
And I would interpret it as that he came from Falköping. Perhaps that's where he was born?

I have no idea what moving to ”Nr 4” would be - but I think the last word is a note that he is oförlovad, not engaged to be married.

The word in the communion list, can it be ”Recentorn” - recentior - just enlisted?
Good luck!
Britt

2005-04-30, 12:49
Svar #3

Donna Johnson

Britt,

Thank you so much! Now I can check Falköping to see if maybe he was born there. I will also look through the Göteborg records again.  

Thank you!!

Donna Johnson

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna