ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Finding Ship for Hilda Kristina, Maria Charlotta, and mother Maria Petersson  (läst 332 gånger)

2004-04-09, 00:35
läst 332 gånger

David

Hej,  

I would sure like to know what the ship's name was that my farmormor came to America on. Can Anyone help? Here is more information:  

Hilda Christina Svenson, Her sister was Maria Charlotta, and the Widowed mother was Maja Lena  
Olofsdotter.According to the churchbook in  
Sund sn. They Emmigrated to America in 1876 May 12,form Göteborg with tickets to New York.  
Hilda Christina Swanson.(Americanized) was born 1865-03-05 in the parish of Sund, as a daughter of the crofter (torpare) Sven Pettersson and his wife Maria Olofsdotter in Damstugan, Lilla Bräng.  
Sven Pettersson was born 1827-09-24 in Sund Söcken, and died there 1857-06-18. In 1853 he married Maja Lena Olofsdotter, who was born 1828-01-13, in the parish of Askeryd. They had 2 daughters: Maria Charlotta, born 1854-04-17 in ?, and Hilda Christina.  
Hope this information can help me find them on their ship.  
Tack!
David Peterson

2004-04-09, 11:27
Svar #1

Utloggad Elisabeth Thorsell

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 9209
  • Senast inloggad: 2023-05-27, 17:48
    • Visa profil
    • www.etgenealogy.se
David, Swedish records do not show the name of the ships that went to America. Swedish records only shows the names of the smaller steamers that took people to England. Then they went by rail to Liverpool or some other port on that side of England and got on the huge Atlantic steamers.

To find out the name of the boat that took them to the U.S., you will have to search the arrival lists in New York about 15-20 days or more after they left Göteborg. Those lists are now available on Ancestry.com

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna