ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Gustavsson, Eric Bruno f: 21 feb 1859 i Götborg och Bohuslän  (läst 364 gånger)

2005-02-22, 15:53
läst 364 gånger

Dale Edman

I am looking for information about the following family:

Eric Bruno Gustafsson
f: 21 feb 1859
d: 5 may 1959 in Belmont, San Mateo County, California.

Spouse:
Jacobina Amalia Pehrsdotter
f: 23 May 1861 in Stockholm
d: 28 April 1935 in San francisco, San Francisco County, California.

Children:
Frances Amalia Gustafsson
f; 30 Nov 1886 in Ford County, Kansas
d: 12 December 1954 in San Francisco, San Francisco County, California

Eric Bruno's Parents
Karl Edvard Gustafsson
f: 5 may 1830 in Göteborg
Married: 29 Jul 1853
Spouse: Anna Kristina Pehrsdotter
f: 29 July 1829 In Forshälla sn
Christened: 30 July 1829

The birthplace for Anna Kristina looks like Aspekarr, but the document is very hard to read. I beleive that Anna's parents are Pehr Olsson and Inger Andersdotter. I have no dates on them.

This family emigrated to the US about 1872.

I cannot find them on Emigranten CD, but it juut may be that I am not entering enough information. I have not done much research in Southern Sweden, so I am having some problems finding this family. My main interests until now have been in Lappland and Central Sweden.

Does anyone have any information on this family, or possibly and tips for me in my research?

Thanks in advance.

mvh
Dale Edman

2005-02-23, 09:19
Svar #1

Bo Johansson

In Emigranten CD, Emibas database, there is a Jakobina Amalia Persson born 23 May 1861 emigrating in 1884, but she is from Göteborg, not Stockholm:

Name: JAKOBINA AMALIA PERSSON
Born: 1861-05-23
Birth parish: GBG:S KARL JOHA
Birth county: O (Göteborgs och Bohus)
Title: PIGA (maid)
Home parish: GBG:S OSCAR FRE
Address: 11 ROTE 7
Emigration date: 1884-08-18
Alone/Fam: ENSAM (alone)
Destination: AMERIKA
Father's name: ANDERS PERSSON
Father's title: ARBETARE (worker)
Mother's name: BRITTA CHRISTIN MALMSJÖ

That is, she was born in Göteborgs Karl Johan parish, and lived in Göteborgs Oscar Fredrik parish when she emigrated.

In the Emihamn database she loooks like this:

Name: JACOBINA PERSON, Age: 23, Parish: -, County: OA (Göteborg city), Title: JUNGFRU (maid), Port: GÖTEBORG, Date: 1884-08-21, Destination: HUTCHINSON, Fellows: NEJ (alone), Source code: 25:313:1551

I can't find the other family in the Emigranten CD, could some of the data be wrong?

Notice that Eric Bruno would probably be known as Erik Bruno Karlsson in Sweden, and Jacobina as Jakobina Amalia Andersdotter, even though she emigrated using the name Person/Persson.

// Bo Johansson

2005-02-23, 15:11
Svar #2

Dale Edman

Hej Bo;

That is probably her. I was searching on Pehrsson and Parsson and did not find her. I beleive that she did not marry untill she was in the US.

I agree that Eric's last name should be Karlsson in line with the patronymic naming system.

As far as the correct information, I would tend to beleive that some of the data could be wrong. The person I got this information from had parents listed for Karl Edvard that were not correct. The parents that were listed did have a child named Karl Edvard, but noe of the other information matched.

At least this is a starting point. Thank you for your time.

mvh
Dale

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna