ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Utfordring - god på engelsk????  (läst 506 gånger)

2002-03-04, 23:14
läst 506 gånger

Nina M. Nordby

Trenger hjelp til å oversette til engelsk, det er en del spesielle ord her som jeg håper noen kan klare:

Side 1

2002-03-04, 23:17
Svar #1

Nina M. Nordby

2002-03-04, 23:20
Svar #2

Nina M. Nordby

Siste siden..
-Trenger altså hjelp til å oveersette sidene til engelsk.

Side 4

2002-03-04, 23:31
Svar #3

Nina M. Nordby

2002-03-05, 06:37
Svar #4

Roland Johansson

Ett förslag:

I know that it will be a message of mourning for you to hear that your best friend has ended his days.  
Our dear beloved son Richard passed away through an accident on the steamer Polstjärnan on the 29:th of September while it was moored at the docks here in Stockholm. The boom fell down and hit his left shoulder on the ribs, crushed the left lung and the heart, it was an immediate death, so we never could say farewell to him.
Erik should know, that he had signed as Second Mate on the 1:st of August, he came home on the 26:th of July, so he was only home for a few days. They went to England for a cargo of coal, then they came here on the 21:th of September and were meant to depart on the same day as the accident happened.
Now at first life had seemed to become a little lighter for Richard, he got engaged on the 2:nd of August. I heard him say that he should have written to Erik, but that he probably couldn't make it, since he was in such an hurry. He liked Erik so very much, that's why I want to tell about his death although a long time has passed, but I can't hardly write yet, because it was an horrible event.
Erik could imagine what we parents, brother and fianc?e will feel. All mourns Erik because he was so intensely kind. The best proof was what a rich flowery decoration he got, 19 magnificent wreaths. Even his Karin was up with roses to decorate him.
Richard's fianc?e and Karin are good friends, something one seldom sees.  
From the Captain he got a large wreath with silk ribbons in the swedish colours, at the one it said ”from Elof Widmark to my esteemed Mate”. From the Chief Engineer too, him he was a very good friend to, it was an elderly man, but he said that he loved Richard like a son. Also he sent a costly wreath.
I write this because I know that Erik will be interested in hearing it. Also, be thanked for all proven kindness towards him. He had Erik's portrait. It stood on the table in his cabin, and now it stands beside him.  
It would be nice to see Erik's wife. Should Erik ever get the idea of going to Sweden, so warmly welcome to us, it shall be a dear moment to talk of my beloved.  
Goodbye for this time.
Heartfelt Regards from Holmgren, Gustaf and me.
Written in friendship Carolina Holmgren
PS Richard has recieved the letter with the monogram, in case he has wondered about that.
Our address is:
Mr O. M. Holmgren
Messrs Hallman & Co
Österlånggatan 6 Stockholm

2002-03-05, 11:35
Svar #5

Nina M. Nordby

Tusen takk!! Jeg hadde litt trøbbel med akkurat dette brevet.

......Føler noen seg kallet til å hjelpe meg....  :-I ..... så har jeg faktisk hele 12 brev som jeg holder på å oversette...... Det har vært ganske interessant å se hvordan folk levde for mer enn 100 år siden både her og på andre siden av Atlanteren. Brevene er stort sett skrevet i Westervik.

2002-06-19, 23:02
Svar #6

Bengt Norman

Hej!

Kul med gamla brev. Ett litet fel blev det nog i översättningen av sidan ett. Den tredje meningen ska lyda: The boom fell down and hit his left shoulder so the ribs crushed the left lung and the heart.

Bengt Norman

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna