ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Searching for John Simonson family who emigrated from Sweden to MN  (läst 819 gånger)

1999-08-04, 13:49
läst 819 gånger

Shirley

Hi!
I have hit a brick wall in my research.  I am trying to find the place in Sweden where John Simonson and his family emigrated from.  John Simonson, his wife Johanna (Hannah)Henrikson, his daughters Maria, Johanna, Edla and possibly a son John. They came from Sweden and ended up in Duluth, St. Louis County, MN, sometime before 1886, I have not been able to locate any Naturalization Records.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

1999-10-01, 23:49
Svar #1

Utloggad JoLeen Randolph

• Anbytare **
  • Antal inlägg: 53
  • Senast inloggad: 2020-04-06, 15:27
    • Visa profil
Shirley,

Do you know what church they belonged to in Duluth?  If it is a Swedish Lutheran church they may have the name of the parish your ancestors were from.  Also there is a CD of people leaving Sweden for America.  The Swedish Group of the Minnesota Genealogy Society have a copy of the CD and they will do lookups for a small fee.  There are a few members of the Swedes list that have access to the CD and will do lookups.

JoLeen in Minnesota, USA

1999-10-02, 09:57
Svar #2

Christian Andersson

Hi Shirley.

Just want to add in some more information to that JoLeen gave you. It is very important that you dig in your own sources before you put a query here in Anbytarforum. When you do so it is very important to give as detailed information as possible: birth dates, death dates, marriages and places if known. I am quite sure you have such information on at least some of the individuals in your query. If the dates are estimated state that clearly. Are there any additional children born in America? Have you any idea from which part of Sweden they might came that is a very useful hint.

Finally, Anbytarforum is a place where we like to know each other. That is why you are exspected to put in your full name in the heading.

Regards Christian Andersson

1999-10-05, 19:32
Svar #3

Kay Engman

Shirley,

If you cannot find any indication of what parish  
they came from after searching the death  
certificates, newspaper obituaries, children's  
baptism records, church records, employment  
records, social security records, etc., try going  
to this website for a look-up from the Emigranten  
CD:

http://www.nextdim.com/users/Cathym

There is a summary of what period and ports the CD  
covers.  Either Ingrid or Cathy will help you --  
be sure to thank them, they are volunteers who do  
not get paid to do this.

Kay Engman

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna