ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning driven av Sveriges Släktforskarförbund
ssf logo blue Rötter - din källa för släktforskning

Choose language:
Anbytarforum

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Författare Ämne: Skattegard?  (läst 732 gånger)

2004-05-27, 19:45
läst 732 gånger

LED

Does anyone know the meaning of the word Skattegard? My grandfather's confirmation record form 1909 refers to his parents being from Horsett Skattegard. It appears to me to be the name of my great-grandparent's farm. Although I don't understand the Skatte. I translate it as Money-Farm. The same document makes reference to a date in 1961 when my granfather was 66 years old.

2004-05-27, 20:47
Svar #1

Utloggad Olle Elm

• Anbytare *****
  • Antal inlägg: 11058
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-23, 11:36
    • Visa profil
    • www.orserum.info
A skattegård was a farm(=gård) where the farmers owned their own land and paid tax (=skatt) to the crown. (=skatt[e]gård)
Vänligen,
Olle Elm

2004-05-28, 09:20
Svar #2

Utloggad Hans Högman

• Anbytare ****
  • Antal inlägg: 520
  • Senast inloggad: 2024-04-07, 14:22
  • Hans Högman
    • Visa profil
    • www.hhogman.se/
Skattegård has to do with the type of ownership of the land.

Ownership of land is quite complex and not easy to explain.  
Basically there were three types of land:  

- Land owned by the nobility (frälsejord - Noble land)  
- Land owned by the Crown (kronojord - Crown land)  
- Land owned by the farmers (skattejord - Taxed land)  

Farmers on frälsejord (noble land) paid their taxes to the nobility. Farmers on kronojord (Crown land) and skattejord (taxed land) paid their taxes to the Crown.  
The farmers on kronojord were called kronobönder (Crown farmers), farmers on skattejord were called skattebönder (Tax farmers) and farmers on frälsejord were called frälsebönder (farmers of the nobility).  

Hans

2004-05-28, 18:59
Svar #3

Carolyn Johnson Eccles

Would all 3 of these farms be listed in the Mantal records?

Innehållet i inläggen på Anbytarforum omfattas inte av utgivningsbeviset för rotter.se

Annonser

Marknaden

elgenstierna utan-bakgrund 270pxKöp och Sälj

Här kan du köpa eller sälja vidare böcker och andra produkter som är släktforskaren till hjälp.

Se de senast inlagda annonserna